🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for creative people

Started by
1 comment, last by jjdaly 2 years, 3 months ago

Dear reader,

my name is Bastian and while enjoying to be in the digital games business at a AAA company and spending a lot of time into exploring the technical background behind game engine development, I'm also a board game enthusiast since I could hold a pen to bring my ideas onto paper. Starting late 2018, I began to work on an a new personal game idea which is inspired from a lot of games I'd love to play, Hand of Fate (the digital game, not Ordeals), Pokemon, Magic the Gathering and Diablo, to name some. It took a while to find the proper art style to have the game fit into the mystical spheres of Tarot family card games.

Like Hand of Fate, one of the game's aspects is that it could be played in an adventure RPG like style, telling a story of an evil to be defeated by a group of up to 4 players. Because I'm not that good at writing, I'm looking for creative people like

Narrative Writer/ Game Designer (m/w/d)

to help bringing the game to light. You're looking to bring your ideas into a game project, writing game stories or love to design environments, provide historical and narrative research in an not yet completed fantasy-steampunk multiverse or just like to design characters, items and other cards that fit into the game's rules, then you're at the right place and I'd like to see your comments via PM or Discord.

The game will be entirely assembled from different encounter cards and a few short story points which lead the playing group into the adventure. While moving through the overworld, players will have each to manage a party of up to 3 characters while solving encounters like

This means that your story must be solid enough to be told in a bunch of cards but also exciting to be played over and over again.

Requirements

• Self motivation, self motivation and self motivation; we can't play babysitters all the time!
  • A moderate knowledge of board and especially card games
  • Be able to work remotely for at least 5 hours per week (flexible schedule, life takes precedence)
  • Moderate response time on Discord out of your working hours at this project
  • A verified Discord Account (as this is the preferred communication channel)
  • A verified Cockatrice Account (as this is the preferred way of testing the game)
  • Be at Timezone GMT +2 or similar, to have us make digital play-tests via Cockatrice

Your Skills

• Passionate gamer for a recent time and a creative person
  • Good communication skills on a daily basis
  • Good knowledge of the English language

Considered a Plus

• Knowledge of the German language (not a must have!)
  • Technical affinity

Finally, I can't say anymore than thank you for taking the time to read my full post and hopefully you think about getting into this. Let me know if you have any questions and/ or are interested to join either via PM, reaching out to me on Discord or join our established Discord Server (Server-ID: FTy4UD5 ;please note, no personal communication in public channels, I highly set on data protection). Please leave a short introduction including a few words of what have you already done (or are planning to do) so I know who I'm facing.

I'm looking forward to your comments!

Advertisement

Hi Shaarigan,

I just joined your Discord server to hopefully chat about contributing to your project.

My area is purely audio.

I am very interested trying to compliment your really nice art style with both music and sound design element.

hope to talk soon,

JJ.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement