🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for people to join a hobby project.

Started by
2 comments, last by martin0 2 years, 2 months ago

Hello everyone.

I've been working professionally with Unreal Engine 4 for the better part of 2 years now, but I've been using it as more of a media engine than a games engine. So, last year, I've started a little hobby project and quickly came to realise, that this was going to be a lot of workload for just one person. So in lieu of that, I am now looking for fellow games enthusiasts that would like to participate in this project.

What I've been working on so far has been mostly groundwork for an RPG, reminiscent of the older Legend of Zelda titles, with a visual style akin to Octopath Traveller. Other than that I've got Ideas, but the project is pretty much a blank slate for us to work on. The only things i am insistent on are the Engine to be used (UE4/UE5) and the visual style outlined earlier. Other than that the kind of game we'll be making will be discussed and finalized in preproduction.

Since so far it's only been me, I'm looking for basically anyone wanting to use their talents to contribute to this hobby project. Artists, writers, sound designers, fellow programmers - all help is welcome right now! It would be beneficial if you lived somewhere near Europe to make collaboration easier, but its not strictly required.

Since the game is still in what would be preproduction, the following roles are most sought after:

• Writer
  • Concept Artist
  • Game Designer
  • 2D Artist (Pixelart especially)

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please send me a friend request on Discord, Fennel#7727, or leave a comment on this post.

None

Advertisement

Hi Fennekfox,

I am a composer and sound designer.

I love the references that you mentioned.

I would love to chat to see if I can contribute to your project.

You can find some info about me on my website, but I think the most important thing that I can offer is that I’m in a lovely position of doing this because I love it.

I really like getting involved in a project at an early stage and don’t mind taking criticism in any shape or form.

I just want to make the project the best that it can be.

anyway,

feel free to get in touch for a chat.

I live in Ireland, so I’m on European time frame ?

cheers,

JJ

www.jjdaly.ie

Hi!,

That sounds interesting, I love the references, do you need another programmer?

I sent you a discord friend request so I hope we can have a chat and know if I can contribute to your project, I am a software and data science developer with a hobby of improving my skills in game development.

I would love to make the best out of the project :D

I live in Germany, so it is also European time.

Cheers!

Meru

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement