UV Coords in 3DSMax 1.2

Started by
4 comments, last by MaxPoly 24 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone know how to directly maniuplate the Texture Coordinates in 3D Studio Max 1.2? Is there a way to do it with the basic program? Is there a plugin? Do you have to shell-out $ for a newer version? In Ray Dream in the mesh editor you can click on a vertex and then set the U & Vs'' manually. Also: Does anyone know how to set individual vertex''s to world coordinates with keyboard entry? Much thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Hi,
I don''t own Max and I''m not a graphician, but wasn''t there something like "UV Mapping" in the modifier stack ?

CU

Graphix Coding @
Skullpture Entertainment
Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de
in 3Ds Max 3 there is
Yeah.
There is a UV modifier. You can slap a planer or box or spherical "type" on and then tile in different directions. But you don''t have any control over the individual vertices.

Right now I do my UV mapping manually. I create my low-poly model, export it to my custom file type that''s compatible with my DirectX game engine. Then With notepad, a calculator and my imagination I apply my UV mapping.

All in the name of Love :-)

Needless to say I would like to make improvements in my current methodology **Laughs**

P.S. I have a job and a family and they would both like to see more of me. :-)
I don''t know why my user name didn''t show up on the last post. (I do, but it''s a sucky explanation)

MaxPoly
Well, in 3DS Max R3 (not sure about 1.2), there is a modifier called Unwrap UVW, which would allow you to map the faces to certain coordinates of your image. Maybe that might help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement