🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2D and 3D artist available for promising projects.

Started by
5 comments, last by skaiware 1 year, 6 months ago

Hello,

My name is Aaron and I am an artist with quite a range of abilities that might be helpful to projects you may have. I have over 12 years as an artist within various industries from graphic design to games studios. I have experience working in user interface design as well as logos, print and screen based media. I recently took a sabbatical due to the pandemic and various personal issues and the break hasn't done much for my portfolio so I am looking to bolster my work for freelance and potential employers. I can rig and animate but I do not enjoy it however all aspects of the production pipeline before that step are all welcome which means I can sculpt high poly organic assets and model hard surface objects, retopologize, unwrap UV's, bake normal maps, texture etc.

Ideally I would like financial compensation even if it is a relatively small token amount but for the right projects I am more than happy to work for a share of revenue provided it is all legally binding and contractual. I have a massive passion for games with great art direction and vision, I love cel shaded games and those that are timeless and I don't really like graphics that are focused too much on realism. To give you an idea I love Breath of the Wild, Wind Waker, Journey, Trials of Mana, Genshin Impact, Super Mario 3D world, Splatoon Dragon Quest XI etc. I won't dismiss your project if it is not like this there are of course games in this style I admire visually but if this is to be work done for relatively little to no immediate compensation then I am going to have to enjoy creating it, I hope you understand. Genre wise I have a penchant for third person action adventure and RPG's. But I also love the odd shooter and racer if it has a nice feel. I love modelling monsters, weapons and characters.

As mentioned previously I can produce 2D graphics too pixel art is possible but it's not really where I want to take my portfolio at this time think more like user interfaces, logos and concept sketching all of which I can do. If you think you might have work for me that is interesting then please get in touch I can't be available 24/7 and please do not get offended if I do not reply. I look forward to hearing from you.

Advertisement

It sounds like you know what you want and that you are the type of person who can bring out the full artistic vision in a project. From having browsed hundreds of collaboration posts I don't think I've actually seen one artist mention artistic vision, oddly enough. I would rank that as the number 1 criteria when finding an artist. Don't forget to post on other platforms like r/GameDevClassifieds and the gamedev league discord (hope I'm allowed to say this) as there seems to be a lot of professionals reading those.

Hope you manage to find a nice project!

Hi there Aaron!

I currently have a team working on an obstacle avoidance flight sim type game and would like to invite you to join us as a 3D artist.

Like you, im a big fan of games with strong art direction. For our game, we are looking for something unique, fun to look at, a bit abstract and maybe a little psychedelic.

I play the role of team lead and UI/UX person. I work professionally as an art director / designer in an agency doing web, graphics, animation, illustration etc, so design process is quite important to me.

The only downside is that there wont be any definite compensation for your work. The plan is to release the game but, whether that will be for free or not will be decided a little further down the line. If we do release at a price, all revenue will be shared.

The upside is that you would be involved on all levels of decision making if you would like to be. I would also be looking to you to help refine the art direction, so we can bring some of your own vision to the table.

If ive piqued your interest at all, please connect with me on discord and i will share our main design document with you.

Discord: n30ngr1d#9647

Look forward to hearing from you!

None

@ahmcgra Hey sorry, I see this thread is quite old now but thought I'd pitch to you anyway just in case you're available. Starting up a new project, I am doing the writing and designing, I just signed up a programmer, and now we just need an artist. The game is a kitty collecting social sim, set in a dark post-apocalyptic world. Of course we're open to ideas but aesthetically I envision something like the kitties from Neko Atsume placed in the world of Darkest Dungeon. The idea is to really embrace the juxtaposition and absurdity of the strong contrast. Also the focus is heavily on quality>quantity of assets. There's no huge maps, nor hundreds of characters or enemies; we just need the interior of 1 house, some variations on cat features that we can kind of "paper doll" generate into lots of different possible combinations, and some gear. If you can do UI that's a nice bonus but not necessary. Anyway Ive rambled enough, would love to know what you think and to see some of your work

I am currently looking to join a project that needs a writer! I have around a decade of writing experience, including four years working in the film industry in Los Angeles. See my bio for more info. You can also DM for writing samples, or for any other reason you feel like.

Hey there, if you're still looking then I definitely have a good project for you to join.

I'm working on an engine for future third person Action Adventure / RPG-ish games that are actually based from a comic / animated series I'm working on called Metalstone.

The series story will be animated in classic 90's golden age style animation like in movies such as The Lion King,
so the game(s) and the characters will be cell shaded to look like they are 2D characters,
and even the environments are going to have a shader on them to look like the classic 2D painted backgrounds from such movies.

(Right now the focus is on mainly developing the general assets and game engine,
which will later be used and altered to suit the uses of the future game releases that will take place in different parts of the series.
I want to release the games officially after the story is released, and since the original animated series is still early in development,
I'll still be in the process of working on the actual story as the game engine for the future games is being developed.
This is because I think having the characters and it's world to explore in through a virtual space will really help with coming up with ideas and development for the story,
so any ideas during development are welcome. But I should note that it will take a good while before the official series and game(s) are released to the public)

This is a passion project so I'm in no means in a position to be able to pay people, however I'm very, very dedicated to this project and seeing it through to make it the best that it can be, and it's going to be quite ambitious, so I'm looking for people that can share the same passion and vision to bring something amazing to life out of this, and be in it for the long haul
as a connected team.
The games will be released after the animated series itself is experiencing success, so at the point that the game(s) are released and start making revenue,
the income from the game releases can then be divided among the team members that helped bring them to life.

Since this is an open world adventure game with a variety of different places,
I could really use someone to help me with creating a ton of varied assets, since I'm currently working on this project alone,
(however I am now searching for people who can help with the game engine)
and a ton of assets will be needed to really help bring the world to life.
This will involve modeling tons of items, objects, props, level design set-pieces, etc. in a variety of themes,
but I'll also be helping with modeling when I can, to try to really help nail down the aesthetic and art direction for the world,
(although I can't spend a big chunk of time modeling everything, which is why I could really use the help,
especially on more mundane assets that don't need a lot of art direction to make.
I can provide concept art for items, props, set pieces, etc. when needed though).

This will also involve helping with texturing, but mainly when it comes to everything besides the textures themselves,
such as UV unwrapping, providing bump mapping and added texture effects (like reflectivity for example), and etc.
This is because I'll be trying to work on the textures themselves once UV unwraps are prepared
so that the textures will have the artistic style of looking as if they were part of 2D hand painted backgrounds.

If you can nail down the artistic style and direction well enough through modeling,
then the position is also open for modeling characters and monsters and such too, (however it is not as urgent as environment set pieces are,
which are urgently being needed for designing the world and helping it come to life).

(Also when the time comes, the help could be used with coming up with ideas and designs for
the User Interface design as well).

Sorry that this was so long to read, but I hope it shows you I'm really serious about this project and dedicated to it,
and hopefully it has piqued your interest as well.
If you are interested then please message me, and we can discuss further details and any questions that you may have about the project.

- Thanks in advance

perhaps not your style but still checkout:

https://gamejolt.com/games/babies/695998

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement