🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Calling for Hobbyists!

Started by
2 comments, last by jsmithSokkaStudios 1 year, 9 months ago

Hello, and nice to be here! My name is Joel Smith, and my lil' indie dev team (Sokka Studios) develop a 2D RPG side scroller called "Project Yui". We began 2 months ago, and this is the game's first devlog is what we have to show for the game at this time, please have a look!

On the matter of the topic, I'm seeking for some hobbyists who are interested in assisting with such a big project ahead of us. Since it is a "hobby project", deadlines are not a concern at this time, but preferably would expect this to come out in 2 years.

The Project:

Project Yui, is an action 2d side scroller, and the story of a girl named "Yui Chiyo".

A planet called Dandrius, civilized with human like entities, once had its own dwarf planet, but it lost it to Earth long ago. Thus, humans on earth manifested magical powers, which brought them to Dandrius, where they were birthed with the same abilities. Thousands of years later, Yui, a hopeful art major, is about to discover her hidden abilities and begin a new life on Dandrius. Will this strong-willed utopist find peace In this hostile world driven by war and power?

Target Audience:

Casual and Core Gamers on PC and Nintendo Switch. If it were ESRB rated, would be Teen if possible.

Our people at this time:

1 Orchestral Composer, 2 Narrative Designers, 1 Character Concept Artist, and myself with many hats.

Who we're definitely looking out for:

2D Animators, 2D Level Artists, 2D VFX Artists, Unreal Engine 5 C++ and Blueprint Programmers.

Our future goals:

• Become a team to give experience to those who wish to have their first step in the game industry.
  • One day release a Nintendo exclusive title.
  • Build a franchise.
  • Actually become a pretty indie company.

(pretty big goals I must say)

On Other Notes:

If you're wondering if I'm going to pay a certain percentage of the game's revenue, I'd love to (since I hate to feel guilty not doing so). But because of my lack experience in the HR department, I'm definitely going to look at it later on, when I do have the funding to speak to a lawyer who's well versed in the field.

Final Thoughts:

Laws aside, I'm excited and constantly working on this project, as it's my dream to have this come out, and continue working on games as my life goes. And most importantly, make new friends and share our successes with everyone else! You can contact me via Discord (sokka#2024), or email me at sokkastudios.priv@gmail.com if you are interested in volunteering for Project Yui.

Thanks for reading,

Joel Smith

Advertisement

Hello! I'm a music student, and I'm looking for projects like these to gain more experience! If you want, I could leave you my soundcloud link so you can listen to the type of music I make, although I'm open to more stuff

@Charl.Y Definitely send it in dm's and I'll get back with you ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement