🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Way to Make a Simple In-Browser Math Game

Started by
1 comment, last by MaxAdams 1 year, 5 months ago

I was wondering what would be the best way to make an in-browser math game similar to brilliant.org. Not so much a game as an interactive way to learn I guess.

My only experience with javascript is making this chess wordle game. Can anyone recommend good libraries or tutorials for making an interactive math game like this? I was thinking about using d3.js. Is that the right path forward?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Did you consider using a game engine?

With the web being an important area for games, there are game engines that support it. Unfortunately I have neither experience with java script nor with game engines, so I cannot give you recommendations.

As for finding “best”, don't. It's very hard to conclude no other program is better than the one you selected. Instead find one that works for you. Just grab a few, play with them for a while, read about them in the fora, and form an opinion about them. Then see what you like and use it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement