🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Minecraft

Started by
6 comments, last by gamechfo 1 year, 6 months ago

The concept of a platformer that allows children to have an unlimited amount of building material is really unique.

Watching it grow for five years made it look like a sort of solo gradual buildup

The state of gaming was more underground

So I'm not sure why a number of unusual cultural values sprung up. I was seemingly an NPC between when I was born, 1986, and 2020, which is when my memory started functioning due to someone stomping on my ceiling all day like my neighbor's doing now. How very strange it all worked out.

I programmed my own stuff sort of using this as a springboard and it sure as hell or high waters will be a lot better than Minecraft.

I've read about the idea guy. It's a serious misnomer. You really want to avoid the lazy team.

Advertisement

With that said,

iteration on a concept is the most important part of invention, an unquantifiable number of ideals came from the early videos and indie scene, being a part of that should be enough. I'm still not hearing what I should be.

I've read about the idea guy. It's a serious misnomer. You really want to avoid the lazy team.

ActiveUnique said:
I programmed my own stuff sort of using this as a springboard and it sure as hell or high waters will be a lot better than Minecraft.

Yeah, improving the works of others is easy.
But being first is hard.
And being first, but then getting noticed, is even harder.

ActiveUnique said:
iteration on a concept is the most important part of invention, an unquantifiable number of ideals came from the early videos and indie scene, being a part of that should be enough.

Iteration is not invention. Invention is to come up with something new.
But our memory isn't empty in the moment of invention. So i let it go.

some memes are ok

I'm going to be doing some world class nothing

How uplifting.

You get exactly the same life as me.

ActiveUnique said:

Why do you compare your life against that of others?
In my experience, envy and frustration is the only outcome. So i try to tame that demon, which mostly works.

JoeJ said:

ActiveUnique said:

Why do you compare your life against that of others?
In my experience, envy and frustration is the only outcome. So i try to tame that demon, which mostly works.

Yep. Some people got it better than you, some got it worse. Make do with what you got and try and make it better. Comparing your situation to others will just make you feel envy and feel worse. Think positive! not negative!

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement