🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Level Design Portfolio Focus

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 3 months ago

Greetings! I'm currently rounding out my portfolio with a focus on level design and would like to know if I'm going about it efficiently. So far, I have a handful of prototypes for which I've designed the level as well as the gameplay mechanics. I've seen many suggestions that a level designer portfolio should include samples of mods or levels created for existing games such as Half-Life 2 or Super Mario Maker. If my ultimate goal is to become a gameplay designer, would it be advisable to continue designing both the level and gameplay of prototypes in my portfolio? Or should I switch and narrow my focus to level editors and mods?

None

Advertisement

This would be a great question to bring up in class or discuss with your fellow students at Southern New Hampshire University.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

didikim said:
If my ultimate goal is to become a gameplay designer, would it be advisable to continue designing both the level and gameplay of prototypes in my portfolio? Or should I switch and narrow my focus to level editors and mods?

Don't switch what you're interested in. Don't switch your goal. Showcase your best work to date in your portfolio, whatever your best work is.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement