🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why is the site so slow?

Started by
18 comments, last by fleabay 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I haven't been active since 2011. Clearly, much has changed. However, the site is painfully slow. Any internal link takes seconds to load. This is the only site that I have this problem with and it's not a cookie or cache issue, again, since I haven't been active in over a decade.

Is this a known issue, or could it have something to do with the inactive profile? Why is my user name in my account settings “MarkS156960”?

No, I am not a professional programmer. I'm just a hobbyist having fun...

Advertisement

Could this be part of the problem? When I click on my profile picture and then “My Profile” from the drop down menu, I get this:

Is there someone I can contact directly? This, “Problems should be reported through the Support system, accessible through your Profile menu," does not exist due to the profile menu issue I'm experiencing.

MarkS said:
Could this be part of the problem? When I click on my profile picture and then “My Profile” from the drop down menu, I get this:

This might be a problem with your profile (I get normally my profile with latest activity, etc.).

MarkS said:
However, the site is painfully slow. Any internal link takes seconds to load. This is the only site that I have this problem with and it's not a cookie or cache issue, again, since I haven't been active in over a decade.

It took 131 requests to load this, 2.3 MB transferred (total 14.0 MB resources), loading in about 1.66s. Not great, not terrible. If I'm not mistaken - the upkeep and development is done in free time. I believe you can send message to @khawk directly - I have a feeling he is in charge of development (or doing some/most of it). I might be wrong though.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Underscore to the rescue.

MarkK. said:

Underscore to the rescue.

Huh?

It's okay. I understand.

Keep your head down. It's about to get ugly.

MarkK. said:

It's okay. I understand.

What what now?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

MarkK. said:

It's okay. I understand.

What what now?

MarkK. said:

It's okay. I understand.

Tom Sloper said:
What what now?

There is already a user named MarkS_ and it gets shortened to MarkS in user profiles so there are 2 MarkS.

I have long thought it possible to use this “feature” to hack someones account. Maybe SOMEONE is thinking the same thing or has already figured it out.

Also notice that the old account “MarkS_” is in the recommend list now.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement