🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

guitar crunch

Started by
1 comment, last by Jim_Ross 22 years, 6 months ago
I''m trying to add distortion/gain effect to some of my sound samples. Can''t seem to find a program that has the effect I want, and trying to chain some effects together ends up sounding horrible. I really want to crunch the hell outta some vocals, guitar sounds, and other stuff. Anyone know of a program that can do this? (preferably works under lunix) A series of filter operations that can approximate an overdriven amp sound would also be helpfull. p.s. i have an overdriven amp for my guitar, i''m looking to distort other sound samples I have.
Advertisement
www.digidesign.com is what I use.
I have a protools rig. It has the best plugins and effects that a multitracker could ever need.

I use a guitar soundfont in cakewalk along with the cakewalk plugin ''ampsim'', which gives me a choice of a number of different amps and allows me to adjust a number of settings (including distortion). Coincidentally, I just posted a piece of music that uses this:
http://tidepool.com/~danad/temp/020101.mp3

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement