🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Question about making music with high-quality synth...

Started by
2 comments, last by ChrisComposer 22 years, 5 months ago
I have a question. I have this really nice multitrack song that I created with Noteworthy Composer . Now, I want to make this song have very good synth. For example, for my piano piece, I want to have a realistic, nice sounding piano playing. How would I do this? What should I do? I don''t have any of the Creative cards, as my computer does not support them, so soundfonts are not an option. I am under the impression that I must download another program to make the synth sound better? In essence, I want to make a high-quality MP3 of my song. Any help? Thanks.
Advertisement
One thing you could do would be to learn how to make mods. Get a hold of modplug and go from there. What you would do is use a recorded sound of a piano (or whatever else), and modplug would change its pitch for the diffrent notes from there. You will have to learn some moding skills, but they come in handy.

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Looking for my webpage? Funny that... Me too!
Resist nes8bit :: Bow Down to Linux Communisum
Hi!
You only have the Midi-File? Is that right?
I don´t know the noteworthy composer so i have to ask...
If you do so you could import it into a "real" Multitrack
Programm like Cubase (or Cakewalk or Logic Audio). Then you
can use the VST-Instruments which are (partly)shipped with Cubase as example.
Another option is to get the Gigastudio. That´s an (expensive)
Software-Sampler with very real sounding instruments.
So then you could "rearrange" the whole track.

CU...Conner
http://www.hartwigmusic.de
there are programs out there ("soft-synths" I think they are called) which basicallyt act like soundfonts but without having to use a creative card or similar. check ''em out. There are two many to name, but just as a starting point, check out NovaStation and...I think there''s one called ReBirth or something. I''m no expert on midi stuff, I justr came across these on a cover CD somewhere.

Hope that helped some.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement