🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New idea

Started by
5 comments, last by nightcon 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello, i have this great (imho) idea for a game.. but the problem is that i am not very experienced in game programming. I''ve programmed in delphi for about 5-6 years so i am pretty experienced in that. Have begun to do some simple stuff in visual c++ though. So i was wondering if maybe someone was interested in creating this game with me.. response to this thread if you are willing and i will tell you more about the idea. thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Pardon me, but I''ll resist. Far too busy.

Care to spare a detail or two (nothing so they can steal your idea ^_^) about this game?
What is this ingenious idea of yours?
Geordi
George D. Filiotis
Well.. it''s kinda like diablo.. but it''s only a player versus player game. The game world is set in either a big city or a big area in the nature (haven''t decided). I think i am going for a city with lot''s of npcs and places to go. There are also clans that you can make and join, with guild halls. Also tournaments and a ladder. About the player.. when a new player is created, you chose sex, age, weight, height, and what the player''s main knowledge "tree" will be.

I just came up with all this today, with some more thinking and discussing i think it could become a kickass game.
Just seems like a generic game to me... :-/
And player V. player in the Diablo games wasn''t anything amazing. Run at them, hack, slash, run away, heal, repeat.

Hmm. I think a futuristic version of a Diablo game would be neat, now that I come to think of it.
well the thing in diablo is that it''s not made for pvp, so it''s all unbalanced. and i thought of my game to be like 3d too..
i have also thought of a futuristic version of diablo2.. but that would be hard to get it working with all the guns and stuff... "you picked up a cracked uzi"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement