🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where do I purchase a server for hosting games?

Started by
1 comment, last by sherman 22 years, 5 months ago
I can find ASP, Coldfusion and normal HTML web hosting services but where do I find a web host that provides hosting for my own Windows-based network games? Do I have no other choice but to host them on my own servers? Thanks ^_^.
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
Advertisement
What you''re looking for is either server colocation or dedicated hosting. From yahoo:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Business_to_Business/Communications_and_Networking/Internet_and_World_Wide_Web/Network_Service_Providers/Hosting/Colocation/

That''s for colocation. What that means is that you normally supply your own server and they just put it in a room at one of their facilities that''s on a large network connection. Of course those places now-a-days also provide sales or leasing of a server.
Dear Jon,

Thanks! I will look into it ^_^.
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement