🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3d artists needed to model space ships.

Started by
5 comments, last by Kinmii 22 years, 5 months ago
Noticed that space ship thread and only saw one space ship that I rally like, the one that is plain white no textures on blue background, very nice. My dev team under the name of Ethereal Chaos is developign an over head space sim/rpg. Looking for modellers to model space ships much like the one I previously mentioned. This includes modelling series of ships that look similar but are different and modellign in a certain style for each of the three game factions. If you are interested in doing space ship models for us please email me at kinmii@hotmail.com. This is a volunteer position. If you want more imformation on the project you can email me about.
0wn3d j00 www.10six.com
Advertisement
A few questions:

Do you have
-a project website?
-concept art?
-other team members?
-a design doc?

What are the desired
-polycount?
-texture size?
-ship types (capital ships, fighters..)?
-production rate

Additionally, with ''overhead'' do you mean 2d or 3d-RTS type camera?

Well, that''s all =)
quote: Original post by Taharez
A few questions:

Do you have
-a project website?
-concept art?
-other team members?
-a design doc?

All the above are available. The design document is complete as far as game play goes, the actuall happenings in game are being added this week.
COncept sketches (though badly scanned and not too good altogether) which were done by me and are also available on the website are being reconceptualized by a real artist.
There is myself, and my "co-owner" Mitch, he does programming. we also have a concept artist and someone doing the interface, however w e need modellers to do the ships and items etc.
Design document can be accessed at the site.

quote:

What are the desired
-polycount?
-texture size?
-ship types (capital ships, fighters..)?
-production rate

Polycount is irrelivant really, read abotu it in your last question. Texture size is the same.
All ships wanted will be outlined, there wil be scout ships, capital ships, fighter ships, cartgo ships, of all kinds. Some wil need to modelled in a "series" like a car series, looking similar enough to make the connection, but not the same. and to go even further, ships will all be designed for one of the three game factions.
AS far as production rate, one a week is good, up to three would be very nice to see.

quote:

Additionally, with 'overhead' do you mean 2d or 3d-RTS type camera?

2d. The ship models themselves will be prerendered to be put in, however, there a certain things in the game, for example when buying a new ship or a weapon there will be an actual model rotating foryou to see.

http://www27.brinkster.com/kinmii/projects.html
I hope these answers your questions.

Edited by - Kinmii on January 31, 2002 8:19:56 AM
0wn3d j00 www.10six.com
I''ll take a look when the server comes up again..
should have never been down that's strange

Edited by - Kinmii on February 1, 2002 8:00:37 AM
0wn3d j00 www.10six.com
I have another question: why is the help-wanted forum so hard to find?
It''s not hard to find. A port similar to this was posted in the help wanted forum, but no one was found. I beleive it is okay to assume that many artist that visit this forum don''t visit the help wanted forum.
0wn3d j00 www.10six.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement