🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Noisy ads!

Started by
3 comments, last by siaspete 22 years, 4 months ago
I''m trying to work, and here''s this annoying "blek .... blek" noise. Turns out it''s the British Gas banner ad! I know ads are necessary to maintain the site, but am I really going to buy the product if the ad annoys me?
Advertisement
I guess they're hoping you'll click on it to make it shut up

That's probably a bulk ad you're referring to - and I don't think we have control over those...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

quote: Original post by siaspete
I know ads are necessary to maintain the site, but am I really going to buy the product if the ad annoys me?

You might, if you are not strongly principled, and the product is what you need, has quality, is readily available, and is at a good price.

Hehe
This was just mentioned in the Lounge too. I guess it''s localized to the UK, so I haven''t seen it. If you see it again, let me know if it''s an Advertising.com banner.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement