🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How much money to expect from magazines?

Started by
5 comments, last by DarkCoder2020v 22 years, 4 months ago
I''ve written several games for fun, and have been considering attempting to sell these games to PC magazine so that they can be distributed on their cover CDs. Does anyone know how much money I should expect each magazine to pay if they are interested in including the games on their cover cd?
[You know what I''m sayin'', you know I''m insane...]
Advertisement
Not to be a downer buy you can expect the $0-$0 range. The problem is mags don''t pay for the stuff on the cover disc, they put demos (after asking the demos publisher nicely), shareware, freeware, and sometimes approach.are approached by companies to put full versions of older software in order to promote the newer version. If you want to make money off your stuff try distributing it as shareware (I think I saw some articles on success in the shareware industry awhile ago, anyone have a link?).
Dexterity

Edited by - Sethius on February 21, 2002 9:24:24 AM
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=14&article=000052

#define BLOODY_WORK_THIS_TIME;
In what way is that article relevant to the question?

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
Hello,

you can expect anything from $500 to $5000. It depends on the magazine, your contacts and on your software. Be humble and begin and end bidding at $1000.

Take care,
Jester101

Edited by - Jester101 on February 21, 2002 10:33:46 AM

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

quote: Original post by Kylotan
In what way is that article relevant to the question?

sorry i thought i was posting something else, need more coffee

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement