🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

proposal

Started by
10 comments, last by Gromit 24 years, 4 months ago
Here''s a crazy idea... I don''t know if it''s feasable but it sounds cool. Rather than a message forum, have a page that contains a table. One column could be the project name; another the leader you should e-mail if you want to join; another would be a brief summary, and the last would be a screenshot or two. Well, it may have to be split among a couple of rows. Anyway, by entering info in a CGI script similar to the message-posting script, users would add their project info to the table.

This would help those looking for help, if they actually have done some work on their project, since there''d be screenshots and a brief, one-or-two-sentence summary. More importantly, it would hinder all those "project leaders" who have no game development skills, and are just looking for people to do everything for them.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( ); Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Advertisement
Personally, I like closing off the help wanted forum on the recent thread list. I usually only look and reply to those posts I see in that list when I stop by the page every now and then. There are only 6 recent posts, when 2 or 3 oh them are help wanted, doesn''tmake for a very good read. I don''t think the signatures thing would work though, cuz I don''t think I would ever haply look at a page in someone''s signature cuz I was looking for a team. I do think the idea of one big project/team board with images would be kinda cool, but that seems like it would get real hard to manage real quick.

Dare To Think Outside The Box

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement