🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

a place for the interns

Started by
5 comments, last by Fitore 22 years, 3 months ago
u know there are a lot highschool(or even college) guys like me here, and i speak for the rest of us, we need a place where we can meet the employers and find a summer internship, we need to talk to the pros about what we can do to prepare ourselves and the kinda of things we need to learn etc.
Advertisement
yes, we do need to talk to the pros, but do they want to talk to us? no, thats y we talk to each other (lol jk) hey, what part of canada are u from, im from ontario, toronto area, y dont u go here, for some info on the industry, (http://www.igda.org/breakingin/home.htm), good luck

,Matt

-= kill one your a murderer, kill thousands your a conquerer =-

Edited by - samosa on March 12, 2002 12:04:31 PM
-= kill one you're a murderer, kill thousands you're a conquerer =-
Internships are few and far between, unfortunately. As for what you can do, there are a ton of places that give info - gamasutra, igda.org, Game Developer magazine, etc.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

I don''t think it''s that we don''t want to talk to you, it''s a matter of the more time spent talking is time not spent coding or producing art, etc. I think that''s why the GDC has turned more into a social gathering and PR fest than a learning time. It gives developers a chance to take a break.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

While they don't have it yet - keep your eyes on Breaking In, a new outreach program started by the IGDA. It's focused on educating parents, teachers and students about game industry careers, and when i was talking to Jason Della Rocca (program director of the IGDA) he said that pushing for more internships was something that's on the table, so stay tuned. In the meantime LucasArts is still accepting submissions for their summer internship I beleive. I don't have the exact addy but just head on over to LucasArts and search around - it's there somewhere...

Drew Sikora
A.K.A. Gaiiden

ICQ #: 70449988
AOLIM: DarkPylat

Blade Edge Software
Staff Member, GDNet
Public Relations, Game Institute

3-time Contributing author, Game Design Methods , Charles River Media (coming April/May 2002)
Online column - Design Corner at Pixelate

NJ IGDA Chapter - NJ developers unite!! [Chapter Home | Chapter Forum]

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

thanx for the info gaiiden,
and mr samosa, i live in the london area, probaly 2 hours drive from you,
now if you''ll excuse me gentlemen, i have a little breaking in to do
quote: Original post by Gaiiden
In the meantime LucasArts is still accepting submissions for their summer internship I beleive. I don''t have the exact addy but just head on over to LucasArts and search around - it''s there

quote: Excerpt from LucasArts Resume Details
All prospective interns must be currently enrolled at an accredited college, university or graduate school. Interns must be returning to classes full-time when the internship is completed.

And what about us high school kids? Especially the ones who are probably going to be somewhat...ahead of the target audience of Breaking In...? I need something to do damnit!

-----------------------------
Direct3D vs. OpenGL
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
Democracy is where you say what you want and do what you''re told.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement