Advertisement

Tiling and Zooming with DirectX

Started by February 24, 2000 06:00 AM
1 comment, last by esd 24 years, 6 months ago
Hi! I´m making a 2D boat racing game. You will be able to race around islands. Now I have 2 problems: 1. The game will be tile-based but I don´t know how to to tiles. I have searched after good tutorials that explains everything. I´m a beginner at this. It can´t be isometric viewed. It have to be straight from top. I mean, I don´t understand this with creating own Leveleditors and getting the levels into the game. And that some tiles are walkable but other are not. I need help. 2. I want the game zoom out when you´r going straight forward. Maybe you have played GTA, Grand Theft Auto. There the game zooms out when you are going fast straight forward. How is that done in 2D. The Zoom fuction. I´m making this game with DirectX. Thank you!
Hey,
I recommend that you check out the older messages on this forum, as well as some of the articles previously featured on gamedev.net. There is one about terrain transitions and many more.

Brent Robinson
"What if this is as good as it gets?"
"The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is the lawgiver...No playwright, no stage director, no emperor, however powerful, has ever exercised such absolute athority to arrange a stage or a field of battle and to command such unswervingly dutiful actors or troops." - Joseph Weizenbaum-Brent Robinson
Advertisement
Hey,

I think maybe you''re asking too broad of a question...it''s sort of like asking ''How do I make Quake?'', if I understood the question correctly. Try going to a simpler game if there are too many aspects of the game you can''t grasp yet...you always need to aim for a game stretches your abilities a little, not impossibly.

(The way I understood the question, he''s asking how to make a level editor, with some tiles blocked...and how to zoom out when his boat goes fast and in when it slows...::shrug:: Maybe it''s just me.)

Anyway, good luck.

-Tony Chamblee-
http://nucleus.artoo.net
*Tony Chamblee*
Liquid Flame Software

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement