🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Designing Console Style RPG, some questions.

Started by
1 comment, last by JesseJenson 24 years, 3 months ago
Hey everybody, I`m designing a console style RPG for the PC, and I have run into a dilemma on control. Currently, I`ve just been designing with a keyboard-only setup in mind, but I`ve been thinking that maybe I should include a keyboard+mouse setup, also, even though after doing so it will resemble Darkstone in a way. Should I bother with the keyboard+mouse design? The only reason I thought about this setup, was to enhance a newbie`s gameplay experience when he starts. Thanks everyone! Jesse
Advertisement
You should definetly have a keyboard and mouse combination. If not for the fact that it would make it easier to use do it so that the controlling interface is easier to understand. There''s nothing wrong with doing something that was done in Darkstone.

- Zeke Templin
- Zeke Templin
Keyboards are mostly easier to control then mouses. (Cause mouses always slip away and eat all the cheese, j/k) Cause my stupid mouse sometimes locks up. So that would create a problem for others whose mouse locks up.

Do you think I am stuuuupid? Don''t answer that.
------------------------------
I like love to like talk like a girl because they like have the like funny way of like saying like like all the time. It is like mainly because they like need a few more seconds to like think about like what they are like going to like say next.
------------------------------
Ok Ok OK!!!!! \/\/ WHATEVER!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement