🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Names for end time game

Started by
30 comments, last by JesusFreak 24 years, 3 months ago
The end time game is based on the Bible. Any ideas for a name for the game? A name for the antichrist?
Jesus Freak,Jesus Loves you. He is the Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End.
Advertisement
i know these are pretty much standard, oft-used, unoriginal..
but for the game possibly Apocalypse (probably not spelled right) or Armageddon (also probably not spelled right).. and for the antichrist, how about Lucifer?
How about "Genesis" - The end of one thing always brings the beginning of a new one. Another biblical reference too! I dunno, i think it''s kinda cool.
That last post was from me, if you''d like to reply. I forgot to log in. Oops!
The name Lucifer would not work for the antichrist. The antichrist is a minion of Satan, aka Lucifer. That would be confusing

Josh
http://www.jh-software.com
Joshhttp://www.jh-software.com
I don''t really like Genesis(No offense) it''s more orriginal. and I''ve already thought of Apocalypse and Armaggedon. Lucifer should not be the name for the antichrist. Keep giving suggestions please.
Jesus Freak,Jesus Loves you. He is the Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End.
I think the name Genesis would be very good, since it would give the game something interesting.
Genesis is the beginning. If you now would take the name Genesis (for use as a logo) and use a dark and somewhat destruction like background, it would make a very cool game logo.
The name of the AntiChrist ... mh ... let''s think ...
how about AntiChrist? I think that name says it all.
Or IF you really want to use a name for him/her, think of something like Luther. Luther has something dark and mystik. Or maybe Gabriel or a name of any fallen Angel. I think Luthor/Luther/Louthar spell it as you want to, would be the best.

Dixon Hill
(aka Dennis J. Guss)
(wannabe) GameDeveloper
Dixon Hill(aka Dennis J. Guss)(wannabe) GameDeveloper
If you do pick Genesis, try looking for its Greek/Latin root. Strange words always sound more interesting than more common (not like Genesis is used that often, but many people are familiar with it) words.
joeG
How about "Omega''s Gate" or "Tempus Obitus" (that other post is right, latin roots make for good stuff).
I look into that. As for the name of the antichrist. I don''t want it to sound like something evil. He is evil but he doesn''t want to tell people that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement