🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How not to develop a game aka The After

Started by
13 comments, last by Colson33 22 years, 1 month ago
Hey,
Just like to point out that i have been following The After for several months now, and i have talked many times with William (A.K.A. Servivas) and he isnt the kind of person that would lie about the game. He is an honest person who just wants to develop The After too its full potential, and to have a bit of support from the fans while doing it.
Netemp havent denied they have problems, but can you expect a new company in any business, let alone games developing, to go without any hitches?
I, and many others will be following TA for a long time to come. So i advise you all to come and visit us on IRC sometimes, post a bit on the forums, and please dont just dismiss TA as just another Dawn.

Thank you

Xeract
Advertisement
I won''t argue that he wants to develop it, he just doesn''t know how, that''s all Not that I could do it either, but that''s the special job that the producers/lead developers have, the ability to actually make a game
www.ollysoftware.com"Bringing the game back into gaming"
The number one reason startup companies fail is management/leadership.

Dosent matter how bad you want to do something or how much passion you have in it, if you dont have the talent to manage, you just dont.
quote: Original post by Servivas
It''s still in early alpha

That implies that you have all the functionality done. So let''s see the game.
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster Also like he said....wouldnt the lack of programming be the programmars fault?

No, not necessarily. If technology or requirements change constantly, you constantly have to scrap work. In the case of an engine changing, I can see nearly 100% of the work needing to be scrapped.
Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement