🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game ideas (hey, those are always fun to talk about :)

Started by
37 comments, last by Paladin 24 years, 1 month ago
quote: Original post by nicba

Paladin - Im sorry to say so, but your Band simulator has already been done. I remeber having played something like this on my old Amiga. Complete with graphic, music, economic aspects and so on.

It was much like football management games, buy and sells start to your band, buy better studios and release records and receive awards and so on.

It was developed several years ago on many platforms (Amiga, Atari ST, C64, Spectrum and perhaps Amstrad). It''s name is "Rockstar Ate My Hamster".

Was a quite funny game. Perhaps a bit too difficult since rockstars died or get fired too often...

Bye,

Karmalaa

---[home page] [[email=karmalaa@inwind.it]e-mail[/email]]
Advertisement
Paladin :

Mankind was released in europe since a year or so.
The current version is 1.6
You can find guilds and news about it by entering mankind+guild in your favorite search engine.

Many guilds exists and many people play the game.
It a vibes (a new firm) production, published by CRYO in europe.

The game is very nice and I''ll probably play it soon.
(A simple modem is perfect, but here in france telephon cost much money even local area calls ! (F#"(~ing France telecom)So I''ve waited to have cable modem or ADSL to play.)

THe universe is persistent, this is the game is always on, your units do what you last tell them to do and your friends can take the control of your units if you''re offline.

And What about my first post Paladin ?

-* Sounds, music and story makes the difference between good and great games *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
A project I want to do when I start with 3D (right now I''m still with 2D) - is a combat simulation... I belong to a medieval recreation society. We do real combat with fake weapons. It would be first-person one-on-one. Kinda like the old boxing games in the arcades. Imagine a spear duel. Mouse moves the tip of spear. LButton thrusts, Rbutton punch haft in currently moving direction... Pretty simple - but could be fun!?
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
Landsknecht, something like Die by the sword ?
(For the gameplay and weapon usage)

-* Sounds, music and story makes the difference between good and great games *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
There is already a WH40K game. Maybe it''s just not available over there...
Kylotan: As far as I know, there is no WH40K game that I''m describing. All the WH40K based computer games are A) standard hexa/sqr based games or B) Shooters. Read my post again and you will get my idea

Homer: This idea that I''m talking about should be turnbased, not RT... It would be kind of like Starfleet Command, but without hexagonical-based movement system (or square based).

I think the idea about some kind of thief/burglar game has already been used ( I remember seeing a review of some game based on that idea, must have been a few years ago (like when a 486 would run Anything!))
The 40K game is over here. You can be Elder or Space Marines - it''s called Rites of Passage or some such.

My fighting game is kinda silly. The fighting we do is odd. If you take a blow to a limb that was hard enough, by your own judgment, you take the shot. Loase an arm, it goes behind your back. Lose a leg, your on your knees. Torso or head or groin - your dead.

The armor tends to consist of a lot of athletic equipment and duct-tape. I think it would just be kinda cool to do a game that took that into account. Imagine hitting the guy and watching a rollerblade elbow pad fly off and him hopping around holding a spear with one hand - somewhat violent, but hokey and fun.
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
Yes, there is WH40K game called "Rites Of War" (I believe), but again, it IS NOT a "copy" of boardgame rules at all, but it uses Panzer General stylish hexa-system, and it''s not what I''m looking for my idea. "My idea" (well... if there are no other games with similar movement system?) doesn''t need to be WH40K based at all, but it would simulate movement of tablegame rules on computer, which would way 100% new way to play turnbased computer stradegy game!

Sorry to keep harping WH. Did you ever see WH:Shadow of the Horned Rat for PlayStation. It was real time. Had a pretty good, albiet loose, conversion of the tabletop rules. (One time while playing, a unit of Dwarven slayers broke and ran. If you play WH, you know how silly that is.)

Look it up and see if that is close. It was alot of fun.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement