🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Present your projects that uses AngelScript

Started by
30 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 8 months ago
Dan Brown:

I see that you''ve made some progression on the game since I first spoke with you. It is starting to look really interesting.

Would you like me to add your project to the users list?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Yes, feel free to add me to the list of users.

I''ve still got a long way to go, but I''m now in the phase where I can work on ''features'' rather than background libraries.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan

I'm workin on integrating AS into my engine dubbed "basics" or "BSX". The BSX engine will be used to power an awsome game myself and a coworker are working on. Unfortunately I can't disclose any info, but it's gonna be fun! I'll post a url when I put up a site :]
(any serious (and I mean serious) coders wanna help, lemme know!)

admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations.

[edited by - e c h o on May 24, 2004 6:24:07 AM]
admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations.
I've put my other project on the backburner, and produced the Sword Engine instead:
http://sword.noreality.net/

From the website:
"The Sword Engine is a game engine designed specifically for the development of grid based games (Tetris, Box Pushing games, etc...) Each game is programmed using Angelscript, a scripting language with the same syntax as C, and an easy to use API provided by the engine. Low level tasks like window creation and rendering are handled by the engine, so all you have to focus on is the game logic."

I'm having a short break from it at the moment, but I hope to keep working on it in time.

If you feel it is worthy of the Angelscript users list I would be honored.

And can someone confirm that I have abided by the terms of the Angelscript license? I'm not really confident with how all this stuff works :S

- Xavier

[edited by - meink on June 8, 2004 7:16:48 AM]
Very cool indeed! I liked it very much. Perhaps you could show some screenshots of the games on the site.

I''ll add your Sword Engine to the list of users asap.

I can assure you that you have abided to the license. Pretty much the only thing the license doesn''t permit you to do is to release the source code for the library and say it was you who wrote it. I thank you for the credit and the link to the library in the readme file.

Regards,

Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Thanks for the feedback.
I made the site rather quickly. Can you tell?

I''ve updated the site with a tutorial and screenshots, so it''s a more rounded experience now .

- Xavier
Looked at the Sword project a couple days ago, forgot to say how cool that looked. Nice job
I see quite a lot of new people taking interest in AngelScript. Perhaps you would like to present your projects as well?

I have an insatiable curiousity for what my library is being used for :)

Regards,
Andreas

We are investigating AngelScript for use on Battlemyth.

The website hasn't been updated in a while but you can check us out at: http://www.mergato.com

Tony
That looks like a really cool game. Let me know if you decide to go with AngelScript as I would very much like to add Battlemyth to list of AngelScript users ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement