🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Money competition rts's

Started by
36 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 9 months ago
LMAO

Personally, I would be more for the Chtonian solution. That is, Hasbro is actually founded by cultists of Chtulhu bent to sell the sould of their customers to their antediluvian master.
I mean, come on, HASTUR, HASBRO ... doesn''t *that* tell you that something is wrong there ?
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Advertisement
Oh my god, are you people telling me that there''s demon''s at the top of my street. Oh shit, oh shit, what do i do? help HELP! *runs out the back door screaming*

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I am surprised we didn''t finish this thread in a flamewar, or kicked out by MadKeith ... now repeat after me

HASBRO, HASBRO, HASBRO, HASBRO, HASBRO, HASBRO, HASBRO, HASBRO...

It''ll make Him come.

youpla :-P

Careful guys! I''m still deciding between "close" and "delete"

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
*forgotten until revived" Yes, i read that post in the suggestions forum "
I get the gist!!! Now i''ve really got to think until my next reply (in this thread) , congrats ahw!! not many people get me. *handshake*

Our Goal is "Fun"!
quote: Original post by Dak Lozar

Original post by Paul Cunningham
…You would pay an enterance fee and go through a series of knock-out style comps in order to win money.

I would love to be able to pay the bills by playing games, of course after awhile staying on top, playing games, would turn into work… then what would you do for fun!?

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

Interesting thing about this is that it is called the theory of overjustification by social psychologists. It pretty much states that if you pay people to do things they love then that inevitably becomes work for them and they will not do it because they love it anymore. Has a wide range of consequences that I have yet to figure out totally.

Kressilac

Derek Licciardi

VP Product Development
Check out www.greatshot.com
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
I believe that the biggest flaw in psychology is it''s principle of generalizing humanity. I know people who love their work and others who don''t. I''m not disputing the theory straight out as i believe it does hold water but it has a few leaks. Really i''m disputing the application of such a theory which is probably a completely new topic. But thanks for the input kressilac, its definity something to think about

Our Goal is "Fun"!
actually, I just realised how I could have ended this discussion from the start :
your idea is not a Game Design idea, it''s a Marketing idea, period.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement