🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Whe will I find a game like this available?

Started by
23 comments, last by Imperitus 23 years, 9 months ago
consouls is how it''s spelled in england

i like the idea of strategic/fps game. i''m not a HUGE fan of rts, and i''ve never played MMORPG. but i like fps, so i would like to be a "grunt". has this been done already? i think it would be a great mix. maybe when grunt dies, he respawns "on deck" to be deployed by the "commander". instead of one death, that''s it. would be more of a rts game with real people controlling the forces.
my apologies for being ignorant on this issue, since i don''t play online games often, but if there''s something like that, i''d love to play.

crazy166
some people think i'm crazy, some people know i am
Advertisement
quote: Original post by CodePlayEatSleep

Okay, don''t flame me...
There is this game called Battle Cruiser Millennium a sequel to the game Battle Cruiser 3000ad. I know you probably heard some bad things about BC3000ad, but I''m looking forward to the new Battle Cruiser with the updated graphics, gameplay.

This would be written by the "well known" Ph.D. fraud, proven liar, lawsuit threatening, racist email forger, bankrupt Derek Smart. (All these comments about Derek are true)

snip lies put out by Derek about BCM

Please, don''t judge this game by it''s take-2 fiasco.

You mean Derek lying to Take2, don''t you??

Wouldn''t you want to play a game like this? Let''s hope 3000ad will succeded in creating the ultimate space simulation.

snip
For more info on Derek, his fake Ph.D, his bankruptcy, his lawsuit threats etc go to: http://www.werewolves.org/~follies/

Supreme commander
quote: Original post by Dak Lozar

I read an article a few years ago where one of the designers said he could envision players from all over the net playing theire favorite sim (jet,tank,battleship...) and linking up with other players on the net to fight virtual war games.

hey! that''s MY idea! MINE I TELLS YA!

*dang*

This is Hypernovae.
(http://hnovae.sourceforge.net beta site, the old one is down)

We are 10 working on it on our free time.

It''s a kind of ELITE online (MMORPG)

Will be Opensource and available on BeOS, Linux, MacOS and windows.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
TradeWars 2002

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement