🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Realationships in games

Started by
26 comments, last by MindWipe 23 years, 8 months ago
He he... see

Computer games screw our minds. Both me and my friend have tought that we would be able in real life to "LOAD" if something
got messed up, or went wrong. He he.

And another serious thing is when I start to compare a relationship in "The Sims" with one in my real life

Well, I still won''t tell my real friend that I can''t come out because I have a family to take care of(in The Sims)

Share more ways computer games screw our minds. Fun to hear
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Advertisement
Games do warp our minds... I play Unreal Tournament reasonably often and sometimes something just reminds me of "head shot!". Like a few days ago at school - they were taking a plastic Skeleton to some classroom and its Head (Skull) was missing. The first thing that came to my mind was "Head Shot!"

Also, after loads of 3D programming I kept saying vertices instead of corners. Also, when I did my website I never got any other writing done properly - in German, we have Ä, Ö, Ü, ß, etc. In HTML, Ä is Ä, for example. Now, when I was doing homewhork I kept writing &Auml.

- JQ, PWC Software
"There are no pessimists, optimists and realists; just pessimists and optimists who think they're realists" -me
~phil
Games do warp our minds, but I really think everything can have a profound effect on us. Look at all the people crazy about Star Trek.

"""" "'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage --Godfree"-Nazrix" -- runemaster --and now dwarfsoft" -- dwarfsoft --pouya --nes8bit --CmndrM " -- Nazrix
"If your parents didn't explain this one, I'm not going to." --Felisandria
"You know you're cool when you're in Nazrix's sig :) " --Martee
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
And I''m crazy about RED DWARF. Enough to even make the colours nice .

I was always looking to load my games when I did something that I could have done better. I was always looking to shoot my enemies as well. This was after playing a lot of Wolf3D

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

Ohhhhhh guys, you are all crazy like me ;-))))

When I''m doing homework I always put a ; behind all lines ;-)

And when I''m reading, every fee minutes I think to have to
move the mouse to prevent the screensaver from running ;-)

I really know the problem with the undo key ! And this load/save stuff, lol...

After playing hours of jagged alliance 2 I always have to think of
the game.

tell more of your crazy stuff !!

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
I used to have the habit of crossing my 0''s to tell them from O''s. God know''s why becasue it''s obvious due to the context which one it was. But i stopped doing becuase it just became to much of a hassel. This definity came from using computers to much, god know''s why. The moral is is that computer''s and computer software will train each mind in a different way depending on the individuals perception and adaptivness. This is my belief/preach anyhow.

"So you're the one that designed that game are you?"
*Gulp* "Umm, yeah"
"Nazrix is cool" ?
"Nazrix is kewl"!
-- What would Sweetness do?
I''m seventeen and I cross my 0 since I''m twelve or so, computers change your life ;-)

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
I use far too many semi-colons instead of full stops. The only reason I don''t do it on this board is due to a lot of self control

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

I have placed >= signs in my math work rather than the real sign simply because I do it that way in my code and was not aware at the time. such is life
something...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement