🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

the perfect online rpg

Started by
23 comments, last by OoMMMoO 23 years, 8 months ago
That piece of garbage you call the PS2??????? how dare you say that. Sony is ingenious, I like all systems that play games cuz I love games but the Ps2 will be running the next final fantasy so how can you call it a piece of garbage?

Making a game like that rpg would be extremely hard and would need a big team or alot of devoted people.
Advertisement
It is not really a peice of garbage. It is a powerful machine. I just like the Big N. Then sega, then microsoft and last sony.

Matthew
WebMaster
www.Matt-Land.com
It is foolish for a wise man to be silent, but wise for a fool.
Oh and I really like that Idea about scripting your characters AI so you could leave your character there and when you returned his stats could have increased. Would this mean you could have two characters and put them beside eachother and creat your own team.

Matthew
WebMaster
www.Matt-Land.com
It is foolish for a wise man to be silent, but wise for a fool.
quote: Original post by Wavinator
Hahaha!!! Yeah, but that's what __KILLS__ me. Uh, how many friggin' __DRAGONS__ did you see wandering around the upper Rhine? Or kobolds? Or 50' giants?

Now why don't the same rules apply?

*sigh* ... yeah, 12 different colors of Dragons, cause you see, Nature likes variety.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but now tell me, what can we do to change that ? And without making it feel like political correctness (something I understand even less than racism...)
For instance, I assume Azim the great in Kevin Costner's Robin Hood was put there for correctness (I mean ...it's an american movie, right ?) But somehow, I just thought this was so nicely done and interesting that I loved it (the A in AHW stands for Azim ...) On the other hand, the duo in DieHard III was jsut so cliche-esque ... baaah

sorry for the total Offtopicness of this post, but I just couldn't leave it like that

youpla :-P

Edited by - ahw on October 18, 2000 6:19:21 PM
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Hey, ahw, maybe we should continue this here. BTW, I think this sort of thing will __ONLY__ change when you have more variety among developers in general. When you get people from different walks of life, they''ll tend to bring different perspectives, and be interested in injecting different content. What do you think, is it the audience, or the developers, that are the factor? (Pls. reply in the other thread, that''s the lead msg.)

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement