Advertisement

Xenon: War for the Future

Started by March 24, 2006 04:36 PM
28 comments, last by Prinz Eugn 18 years, 5 months ago
well at least neogoukix pulls material from alot of interesting sources.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote: Original post by Morpheoz
Wasn't Xenon the prototype name for the Xbox 360? Try and move away from things that inspire you. You're not the only one who does this, that's why there's 50 billion Lord of the Rings rip-off with elves and magical items.

What are you talking about??? I don't even like Xbox or Xbox 360 for that matter.

Xenon is a chemical element in the periodic table that has the symbol Xe and atomic number 54. A colorless, very heavy, odorless noble gas, xenon occurs in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts and was part of the first noble gas compound synthesized [1] [2]. Thats what Xenon is and thats exactly where I got the name from. Don't question my creative ability.

Advertisement
Quote: Original post by neogoukix
Quote: Original post by Morpheoz
Wasn't Xenon the prototype name for the Xbox 360? Try and move away from things that inspire you. You're not the only one who does this, that's why there's 50 billion Lord of the Rings rip-off with elves and magical items.

What are you talking about??? I don't even like Xbox or Xbox 360 for that matter.

Xenon is a chemical element in the periodic table that has the symbol Xe and atomic number 54. A colorless, very heavy, odorless noble gas, xenon occurs in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts and was part of the first noble gas compound synthesized [1] [2]. Thats what Xenon is and thats exactly where I got the name from. Don't question my creative ability.

Xenon was the prototype name for the Xbox 360. So you named your story after a gas and a working title for a console. I think I will question your creative ability. Don't forget to add lightsabers and rename them LaserBlades!
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster

Xenon was the prototype name for the Xbox 360. So you named your story after a gas and a working title for a console. I think I will question your creative ability. Don't forget to add lightsabers and rename them LaserBlades!

The gas or Xbox prototype has no relation to the OP's creativity. Its the name of the rebel group, after all. If you said that gundam also has a opposing group named Zion which sounds a bit like Xenon, then your argument may hold, somewhat.

What matters, IMO, is not the names per se, but the reasons for the name. Why did they call themselves Xenon? just to sound cool might not be enough. In this regard though, the outline of the story feels like gundam, though, although that may be because of the direct comparisons made by previous posters.

I suggest rewriting/rewording the story to make it sound/feel different to other, more popular sources. An example is switching the roles; the Space Forces becomes an alliance while the Earth is an Impire/Dictatorship. I feel there are too many Earth Federations. Stuff like "Imperialis Gaia", "Terran Galactic Directive" Or making the sources of conflict different like the Spacies discovered life/tech on the outer worlds and Earth wants to destroy/get the said discoveries. There are a lot of possibilities, feel free to explore.

---------------Magic is real, unless declared integer.- the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
In the middle of the story The ESF(Earth Space Forces) will make their goal of uniting the Earth and Space governments. They were originally supposed to sign a treaty for an alliance with Xenon. The Xenon's disagree with their(the ESF's goal) and declares war on them as well. An underground rebel group from the moon Lunaria becomes Xenon's ally.
There are already a series of games with the Xenon title.
http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/our-games/past/xenon.htm
Advertisement
What's a "War for the Future" anways?
Quote: Original post by yapposai
In this regard though, the outline of the story feels like gundam, though, although that may be because of the direct comparisons made by previous posters.

Nope. It was taken verbatim except for names and locations were changed, and not even to anything very different: for example the Earth Federation and Zeon are the original groups, while the new ones are the Earth Federal Association and the Xenon.

I could give you a step by step parallel between his back story and the Gundam storyline, but that would be excessive(and didn't I already do that?). It's not just me; I know Gundam embarrassingly well, and I know plagarism when I see it.

Besides, he said he replaced the back story with something more original and his other stuff is to my knowledge new, and not even half bad, I think.
I'm now waiting for the revised story, which hasn't come up yet.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Quote: Original post by Prinz Eugn
Quote: Original post by yapposai
In this regard though, the outline of the story feels like gundam, though, although that may be because of the direct comparisons made by previous posters.

Nope. It was taken verbatim except for names and locations were changed, and not even to anything very different: for example the Earth Federation and Zeon are the original groups, while the new ones are the Earth Federal Association and the Xenon.

I could give you a step by step parallel between his back story and the Gundam storyline, but that would be excessive(and didn't I already do that?). It's not just me; I know Gundam embarrassingly well, and I know plagarism when I see it.

Besides, he said he replaced the back story with something more original and his other stuff is to my knowledge new, and not even half bad, I think.
I'm now waiting for the revised story, which hasn't come up yet.

Sorry about that I'm still workin on it.

Quote: Original post by neogoukix

Sorry about that I'm still workin on it.

Yeah, I'm not completely deviod of influences myself, in fact in my project there are space fortresses, but I like to think they're unlike Gundam's enough(I have a pretty good explaination in the game's 'universe'). I was being a bit mean in my first responses...

So I guess my point is to keep writing- The more you write, and the more you think about it, and the more original ideas you get, so keep at it!

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement