🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Announcement: Site Status

Started by
55 comments, last by DrakeThe 17 years, 4 months ago
Just wondering what sort of licence will be used for the new base code MIT/LGPL ?
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
Just wondering what sort of licence will be used for the new base code MIT/LGPL ?

Bump. No response?
1 more day until January 2007 is officially over. Still no news - but at least we have a license now.

Yippikai-yay.
I seem to have lost all hope, it's been in development for 6 months now with a couple of rewrites done but still nothing to show.
That's just bad planing and disrespect of deadlines in my eyes and ears.
Oh well, I'll try and be happy knowing what license is going to be used.
Hmm they are deleting messages...
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
That's just bad planing and disrespect of deadlines in my eyes and ears.
There was never a deadline.

How about you show some respect for the guys who are freely volunteering thier limited free time to produce some new content for the site. I understand that it's frustrating that you havn't seen much in the way of visible progress thus far, but as someone with access to what they've been working on I can tell you that a lot of work has been put into trying to create some quality content for the site.

Realistically, updates to the site were few and far between in the time before Jeff stepped down from it as well, and the new team has taken upon themselves a rather large task by starting essentially from scratch and trying to do things right with a clean and modern programming style.

Whining about it isn't going to get the site updated any faster, the only affect it's having (if any) is to demoralise the team. I'd like to ask for just a bit more patience and understanding from people, we do hope to have some of the initial content ready for release soon (but no, we won't be setting a strict date that we may not be able to meet if unforseen circumstances arise).

- Jason Astle-Adams

Just wanted to put up a positive post here, I for one am proud to consider myself part (if a small and relatively new part) of a community where there are people that are willing to donate there effort and spare time for the benefit of the community at large.

Now, with that out of the way, it makes me sad when people that are not willing to lend a hand in a community like this are insulting those that are doing there very best to give the rest of us a quality product out of the goodness of there hearts... I have seen a lot of complaints on this thread when nothing happens, but we now have new news and the page looks like it's picking up it's pace again I see precious little in the "Congrats" department.

Shame on us who do not give our fellows a big pat on the back for all there hard work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement