Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 11 months ago
I am kind of glad things are turning out as they are. I would much rather spend the summer months doing summer things. I hate myself less when I am on a computer and it is cold outside.
i can understand peoples disappointment in not being able to devote their summer before class to it though.
get the grind out of the way so you can relax and polish while at school when free time is limited.

i think that if anything this will simply filter a lot of the 1 post - joined on day 1 of content - submissions - or promises of submission.
Advertisement
Would there really be any harm in starting the contest early for those that want to take part in it regardless of the prizes? Would it really hurt the contest if you just named the Elements and then dealt with the prizes while the contest was beginning? We're running out of time here. We've already lost so much, and a large portion of us just want to take place in the contest, not so much get the prizes.
This man made my day: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=523021
I prefer to work on the contest during school. During the summer I prefer to do something else. I hate to stay at home in front of a pc when there is a great sun outside.
Just as well if it doesn't start until september. I can't type properly for a few weeks due to the fact that my hands are kinda ripped up from a close encouter with a boat propellor.
ouch, boat propeller...

I myself can't wait to have an incentive to get to work on something and not abandon it! :)
Advertisement
please release the elements
my team has been ready to start
but i am detecting a sense of disillusionment.
hard to keepem motivated.

we started to do preliminary work just to keep us occupied
is this a problem?
You're allowed to use code and content you already own. You don't have to create everything within the contest start-end-time.
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Quote: Original post by mindrot
please release the elements
my team has been ready to start
but i am detecting a sense of disillusionment.
hard to keepem motivated.

we started to do preliminary work just to keep us occupied
is this a problem?

4 elements are usually not that difficult to factor in an existing gameplay - unless the 4 elements are tied to very complex and difficult concepts. But anyway, you can start and try to figure out what parts of a game won't need any modification even if the 4 elements are odd. That's up to you.

Cheater. [grin]
Quote: Original post by superpig
Quote: Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
we're not going to run two contests at a time [smile].
Sure we will.

Was I incorrect in hoping this meant the contest would start within the next ten days? :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement