Quote: Original post by Gamer11
This is a scetch of one of the enemies

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hey! :( That looks almost exactly like the concept for Dildoman in my game :(

I was thinking popsicle sticks...

This space for rent.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Thanatos M5
You must remember that all madmen do not consider themselves to be madmen, and that all madmen in power are drastically outnumbered by the neurotypical population. So, that said, I would expect the people to initiate an uprising against Emperor Trigon; with their reputation spurning Palladin aggression (not to mention the lack of a Palladin breadbasket territory), a twofold war, against the people and the Palladin armies, would probably bring the Empire under Trigon down faster than you could count to three.

In other words, don't create a black-and-white good vs. evil story. Convey the mentality that the Cozoms really don't want to destroy the Palladins, but their mad leader has driven them into a disastrous war. As for the Palladins, they justify their Cozom-like imperialism with the message of promoting freedom and justice, but who is the villain and who is the hero?

Your right! Now you've changed the way I look at the story and read it. Can you give me some tips on writhing down stories and make them sound more intersting.
Again, I don't intend to be blunt, but your writing technique isn't that great. First of all, I'd try working on vocabulary and grammar - they're what make a story readable and entertaining for the target audience. Second of all, spelling counts. The part of your original post where you described the situation on Earth as 'dyer' rather than 'dire' sent my feelings about the original story into a nosedive, for example.

Third, this is NOT a design document - leave your 'laser swords' (impossible by definition), 'futuristic-looking knight suits' (what the hell is a knight suit, anyway?), and 'arm attachments' (gaming cliche at this point) out of a story post. Once the story is done and you assemble a team, they will ASK you for design documents. Before then, features and weapons are completely irrelevant.
Quote: Original post by Thanatos M5
Again, I don't intend to be blunt, but your writing technique isn't that great. First of all, I'd try working on vocabulary and grammar - they're what make a story readable and entertaining for the target audience. Second of all, spelling counts. The part of your original post where you described the situation on Earth as 'dyer' rather than 'dire' sent my feelings about the original story into a nosedive, for example.

Third, this is NOT a design document - leave your 'laser swords' (impossible by definition), 'futuristic-looking knight suits' (what the hell is a knight suit, anyway?), and 'arm attachments' (gaming cliche at this point) out of a story post. Once the story is done and you assemble a team, they will ASK you for design documents. Before then, features and weapons are completely irrelevant.

But did you read my new post of the story written better.

It still needs a lot of improvement, but you're on the right track.
Advertisement
Cool!
It may notbe well written but is tory any good!
I think the idea has some potential, but nobody is going to bother reading it unless it is written with a degree of quality.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement