Advertisement

An untapped Genre, and an idea of a possible game.

Started by May 10, 2008 07:20 PM
104 comments, last by Zooch 16 years, 2 months ago
I dont think zombies should be able to climb walls, cause then your "fort" would be overrun too easily.
Remember the scene in Dawn of the Dead where they are on the roof of the mall looking out over the crowd of zombies?
Now imagine if those 200 zombies could climb walls...

Also it would be too hard for me to program this. Making them crash through barricades will be challenging enough! But I will worry about the physics later.

Now about a website. If we are going to make this a team effort, it would be nice if we had a place to exchange files. Can someone here set up a private messageboard with a file upload system? We could use a password protected forum where the development team can post sourcecode, screenshots, models, etc..
For now i am doing models like clocks and glass cups.. :P, better some1 else do the private forum for file exchange.

I thought last night , what if when its day survivors attack when its night zombies attack, and both could have some some time to prepare, since the sun isnt good for zombies :D
Advertisement
Kinda like in 'I am Legend'. That's not a bad idea..
The only problem with day and night cycle is it could be too fast, making the game feel a bit unrealistic (well, other than the zombies :P) but if its too slow the game will be a bit slower paced. It really depends on whether this is an MMO or just an MO.

Something else we haven't discussed is perishable items, Food, Water, Health Packs, etc. Should we include some kind of hunger/thirst system or should food just act as a rubbish medkit?

About message boards, we could use freewebs couldn't we, and maybe use rapidshare/photobucket/whatever for file + photo sharing.
Freewebs is fine with me, and i need to see how rapidshare works.

Can u give me a list of medical items or food you would like, then i can try make the model for them :) We can put them inside fridges and microwaves :D for example. I thought of a banana for example or a sandwich.
I think hunger will take the dynamics :) but i dont know :)

Viper do i export the whole number of items in .x or i export them separetely 1by 1? Would be better for me to export them all at once and then if u could separate them, resize them if needed and texture if needed.
It's not much but it'll do for now, sorry but don't have time to add anything to the homepage or blog right now, the forums are up though.

http://www.freewebs.com/zombiegamedev/index.htm
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Lopherus
Viper do i export the whole number of items in .x or i export them separetely 1by 1? Would be better for me to export them all at once and then if u could separate them, resize them if needed and texture if needed.

I cannot import .x files into max, so I can't change them. You would have to send me the .max or .3ds file. But you don't use 3DS Max do you? What formats can you export your models in?

if you look in the original post you will see that it says there should be a hunger bar, otherwise players will be able to just sit in their forts and keep shooting and their will be no motivation to leave, if there is a need for hunger you would be able, just like in a movie/real life(i know its hard to compare a zombie game to real life), to horde massive amounts of food and hold down the fort, also bullets will be a factor, you will need plenty of ammo or several good melee weapons.

Also lets leave this as the last post and go directly to freeweb for all ideas etc. and post under the "I just want to share some ideas" section.
Ok guys im trying to get free webs to password protect the forums, but it seems to be down at the moment, if I can't get passwording to work, I will seperate the forums into two pages, and make one a friends only page, I'll give everyone that's already got access the username and password to the admin account "zombiegamedev"
Very nice point Barklage. :D practically so zombies can make ambushes very thrilling

Viper i can export to Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us<br /><br />QuickPost

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement