🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

All I want to do is init DX but it won't work! HELP

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 7 months ago
Are you linking to ddraw.lib (and possibly others, depending on which subs of DX you use)?

/Alex

/Alexander Deruwe
Advertisement
All I want to do is initialize DX with MFC. I'm getting link errors but I don't know why. I tried using DirectDrawCreate() and CoCreateInstance() but neiter work for me. What is the problem? I have a very small zip of my project to look at. Please HELP
www.aracnet.com/~thomaslp/DXProject.zip
yeah, there is a option called "Settings" under one of the menu tabs... click on that, then click on a Link tab, look for the line with all the Libs.. add ddraw.lib, dxguid.lib, or whatever library you're using... and don't use MFC, use Win32 Application (not the console one)
it would create an empty project for you... but it should compile... when you want to show something, then you move on to the other functions.. WindowProc, WinMain (advanced), ShowWindow, CreateWindowEx, SetDisplayMode, SetCooperativeLevel, etc etc
help... help...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement