🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Artworks for the fantasy video game

Started by
94 comments, last by Awoken 7 years, 2 months ago

Please take best Christmas wishes from Ash of Gods team!)

8781257.jpg

8730058.jpg

Our artists did 2 versions of the post cards for you: with Brenin family in classical manner, and with Gleda in anime style). BTW, we've changed the color of Thorn's beard)

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread
Advertisement

Am I correct in assuming it's the same artist from The Banner Saga?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's not him, we have different artists.

It's the 2nd image of the top post, along with the logo, that makes it REALLY look like Banner Saga, or at least that you're going for an identical look. The isometric hand-drawn character in the 1st image also makes us think of Banner Saga.

Great looking art, I like some of your character designs, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

My Portfolio: www.sanhueza.com
My Studio: www.game-o-gami.com
Great looking art, I like some of your character designs, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you very much, soon I will post more stuff.

Since I was asked to tell, in which certain way all thesr images will be presented in the game, I think that the best way to tell it is to show it.

They are the dialogue portraits of characters:

8760490.jpg

Also, here you can find some info about our working progress.

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread

New character for the game is ready: the warrior named Eik.

Eik is a simple man – a huge soldier with iron fists and a bull’s neck rather than a sharp mind, so he prefers a good punch in the forehead (giving it, not getting it) to philosophical disputes about the nature of good and evil. His criteria of good and bad are simple too: if everybody is alive and healthy that means everything is alright. And if there’s some good beer in a tankard and some gold coins in his pockets, that means everything is wonderful. Eik is exactly what you’d call an expert in the intricacies of human nature. That’s why he doesn’t believe anyone except himself, probably. He’s never been noticed talking to himself, though.

8764357.jpg

As I think, our artists are drawing better and better while going further. Are you agree?

I check this thread way too often. Must see more!

Thank you! Soon I will add more, indeed.

I think, now it's time to show our characters in action. Here you can see the battle animation of the guard Fisk demonstrating him while providing a strike and receiving the damage. This is a result of scrupulous work, and we hope that we did everything right. You can find details of its creation in our devblog. Any questions or advices are appreciated.

8752801.gif

is this a double attack? first he strikes with a jab motion then he swings the base of the weapon up like it's a second upper strike attempt to the face. The only problem is he moves backwards after the first strike so the second attack would miss anyway. If it's only suppose to be a single attack why is he swinging the base of the weapon upwards so aggressively after like it is in fact an second attack.

is this a double attack? first he strikes with a jab motion then he swings the base of the weapon up like it's a second upper strike attempt to the face. The only problem is he moves backwards after the first strike so the second attack would miss anyway. If it's only suppose to be a single attack why is he swinging the base of the weapon upwards so aggressively after like it is in fact an second attack.

Yes. it's a double attack. This swing is intended to throw the opponent back. This move just wasn't implemented yet.

New character is ready.

8756833.png

Baron Trobbel is the indispensable burgomaster of Albus. A distant relative of the King. Persistent and stubborn – that’s why he’s retained his mayorship for so long. People joke that Trobbel doesn’t die because Death didn’t manage to convince him that he should.

Does he look trustworthy?

(removed)

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement