🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Francois DIY - My Own Mario Maker - Super Mario World Engine

Started by
0 comments, last by Codeloader_Dev 7 years ago

This is a game development studio similar to Mario Maker except that you can create your own characters and program them! Been working on this for a year of so. The app is written in JavaScript and runs on Electron. Despite this it runs fast on all platforms that I tested it on. I am not creating anything 3D so no powerful hardware is needed for this.

This game development studio comes with a fully working game engine for 2D games, a map editor, a pixel paint editor, a message board, and boatload of sounds downloaded from FreeSounds.org. I wish I could post a video of this app in action.

Right now you can find out more about the app here: Info Page

Download Link: Click Here

Installation Instructions: Copy francoisdiy to PC and click on francoisdiy.bat if you are on Windows. Linux users refer to website.

I am currently using the app to create new characters and levels. You can even create characters and place the in different games! As this app continues to be developed new features will be added and it will improve. Francois DIY is constantly evoloving, after all!

A video of the app in action. Video is dropping frames - just to let you know.

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_2.png

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_4.png

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement