🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Freddy run 3 - survive the nightmare

Started by
0 comments, last by densho 7 years ago

Hello to all, just wanted to drop my 2 cents here and showoff my fist game build with Stencyl. It's called Freddy Nightmare Run 3 and looks and feels pretty much like a classic side scrolling platformer. The idea behind this project started few years back when I've played the Running Fred by for the first time, almost instantly I had this feeling of making a 2D like version of this popular title, adding a plot and giving the player a mission and also a final goal to aim for, compared to the endless running model featured by the inspiration source. I liked to play Running Fred, yet I kind of felt that it's too brutal for the character inside the game (the young boy name Fred) to face all those deadly obstacles in his virtual real life lived inside the game so I came up with the idea of creating and introduction for my game to justify the facts that were about to happen, so I wrapped all up into a nightmare that the main character Freddy has.

First two episodes of Freddy Nightmare Run were program and designed by a good friend of mine and we followed the baseline of the inspiration source so we built it as running games, yet level based. The First episode ends like "to be continued", while in the second part Freddy needs to face his greatest fear aka Soul Catcher - The Grim Reaper in the boss level.

The 3rd part finds Freddy having another bad dream that he must survive, yet this time I changed the model and the game is now closer to a true platform model.

Test the game online here ---> Play Freddy Run 3

Here are some screenshots:

Freddy_Run_3.jpg

FNR3_1.jpg

FNR3_12.jpg

FNR3_13.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement