🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What to expect with a 2d platformer

Started by
0 comments, last by hifeiq 5 years, 10 months ago

Hello, 

I'm currently designing an idea of a 2d platformer, and when done, I'll start programming a prototype with unity. 

I have several questions concerning this project :

1) What can I expect from releasing a 2d platformer? Is it a popular genre? I think it'll be a la sonic the hedgehog. 

2) everything about coding and game designing I can do, and I can easily find a musician. How should I find a graphic designer? How much should I expect him to cost? Or can I expect to find someone who's willing to join the project? 

3) I'd like to do a kickstarter, once the prototype done. But I can't before having a minimum of graphics. What would be the best solution? And what sum should I ask for considering this platformer shouldn't be very huge?

4) Which platforms should I release a 2d platformer on nowadays? And how much would it cost? 

I know some of these questions come very often, I'm sorry ^^ but well, if you would be kind enough to answer, it would be a great help

Advertisement

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement