🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Owl Shooter (Manager Killer) - DOOM like FPS

Started by
56 comments, last by Homeship 3 years, 3 months ago

It seems - I missed with enemy character's design.(( Animals appears more "cute" and game looks like "animals abusing".

But idea was - "terrorised and fired Hare strikes back to Evil Boss - Owl and it's minions - jerboas, racoons, bats etc."

At the beginning (in Jule 2019) I planned to make animals as close to comic's design as possible.

But in August 2019 modelles told me: "We don't want to do characters in comic's design. We should make something better". After a week of disputes I agreed.((

In result - we lose a lilnk between comic and game via character's look. And a problem I wrote above.

Also it led - a main conflict "Boss vs employee" wasn't disclosed enough.
Some problems with translating of comic's pages. And I made a bet on comic's pages as backstory.

This didn't works as expected.

So now I'm working on general changes of the game.

Advertisement

A new set of weapons, a new aiming system.

A new player damage model + another system for using first-aid kits.

A new plot, new props, new interactive objects, a modified first location:

Make the animals have rabies and act like fast zombies. Call it Rabid Zombie Creatures from Hell. There's your game.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

I decided to walk out from "animal" theme.
Because remaking of animal characters may be is very expencive to me.
And a game plot with "zombie animals vs humans" - makes more questions and "white spaces" then my new plot, I'm working on.))

Happy New Year everybody!

Free happiness for all)) I wish you a health, wealth and a wisdom to take and save a both.)))

New enemies

Weapon mechanics changed: aiming system, reload mechanics, etc. The gameplay has gone from a DOOM-like (speed, dynamics, simplified weapons, auto-use of first-aid kits, etc.), to a more realistic one:

- weapons must be reloaded manually

- more sophisticated aiming system

- a complex damage model for the player - localization of hits with different influences

- Another system for using first-aid kits.

https://youtu.be/NJdHf-0m65M

Slightly brought the visual in line with the more realistic bias of the game.

A bit of intrigue:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement