🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking For Constructive Criticism(My First Sprites)

Started by
4 comments, last by ToeBeans The Brave 4 years, 8 months ago

Hello everyone!

I'm new to programming and pixel art, and I would greatly appreciate hearing some feedback on my Idle and Running animations. I'm looking for constructive criticism so that I can become better at making sprites in the future, so don't hold back!

IdleGIF.gif

RunningGIF.gif

Advertisement

Wow! I wish my first sprites looked like this! :) Very good job.

Some things to note:

1. When you're doing an idle stance look for parts that seem "glued" or stuck. It looks as if the sprite is doing shrugs. You should try to incorporate more motion if possible. Adding in some "sway" could breath more life into the animation.

2. The same thing with the running animation, the shoulders and upper body appear motionless in terms of vertical movement.

I don't have too much time to find resources but look at the end of this video. Notice the full body movement?

Programmer and 3D Artist

Thank you for the advice! I totally see what you mean about it seeming "glued" in some areas, and I'll work on fixing it. I found the videos that you provided to be particularly helpful and will be coming back to reference them :D

Constructive criticism... You do now that this is Internet. Right? :P

Jokes apart... That looks good. Although, I am not a graphics guy by a longshot. 

Thanks for the feedback!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement