🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Very fast 2D collision

Started by
11 comments, last by rafaelsantana 4 years, 2 months ago

@JoeJ I realize that moving many sprites by themselves is expensive for the CPU. I think that ideally I should first balance the number of elements on the screen before trying to optimize collision detection. I think if at the time we had few or no games that had many sprites on the screen it was because it was too expensive for the hard…

None

Advertisement

Kenshoryu said:

@JoeJ I realize that moving many sprites by themselves is expensive for the CPU. I think that ideally I should first balance the number of elements on the screen before trying to optimize collision detection. I think if at the time we had few or no games that had many sprites on the screen it was because it was too expensive for the hard…

You can also optimize collision detection by doing it only when it is necessary. For example, make it event driven and then implement checks to further stream line the operation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement