πŸŽ‰ Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! πŸŽ‰

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tips for 2D in Unreal Engine

Started by
1 comment, last by bartleasley 3Β years ago

I've done a bit of research into the basics of using Unreal's Paper2D system and I think I've got a good understanding of how it works. That said I am a bit curious if there's any tips or advice one can provide for using it. I've got a little bit of experience in using Unreal for 3D purposes and I understand Blueprints and Components and such so I don't need help with that, but rather if there's any advice for, say, animating the sprites with Flipbooks or what file formats are best used for the sprite sheet textures.

In my research I did also find that Paper2D is a bit, for lack of better terms, neglected at the moment and that engines like Unity work a bit better for 2D games, but I'd still like to experiment with Unreal's approach. I'm not really planning to make a full game either, more an experiment/proof of concept so I'm also not too concerned about performance right now either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Advertisement

^^^ * Don't download that! Possible malware *

Reported

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚<←The tone posse, ready for action.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement