🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for another 2D Artist and/or C# Programmer

Started by
1 comment, last by Pravi51 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi, I'm looking for some other people to work with on a 2D top down rp/survival/puzzle game. The main idea of the game takes place in a world similar to the Earth's ancient past where two culture-types are clashing: a culture based on integration with forest systems, and a culture based on domestication, tilling, and fields of annual plants. The player would be able to explore both of these cultures and the gameworld and eventually influence which culture becomes more prominent in each region of the game through interaction with NPCs, a dynamic gardening/farming system, and puzzles that unlock new aspects of the game.

I am best at world design, sound design, and 2D art but I also have experience with C# programming. I've been using unity since about 2014 but I have been experimenting with game development for about 15 years, but I really want to get more serious on this project.

Ideally I'd like to find another 2D artist and a programmer who is better at C# than me. Here's an image of the most recent test I was doing to establish art style, though I am thinking I will probably try to simplify it a bit more than this.

And here's music I've written for the game (during previous iterations of my idea in the past), to hopefully give more feeling for what I'm going for:
https://regeniversity.bandcamp.com/album/tellurica-original-soundtrack

None

Advertisement

Hi. I'm a programmer, but I donot know if i know more than you.

Also i do art in inkscape and krita and some 3d modelling in blender

Recently i learnt working with unity. I started with some ideas and the project grew with much time and effort. But i couldn't finish it because of not finding sufficient help at times and finally lost inspiration. But still i want to get started with something successful so that I'll be able to develop my dream game in the future.

Maybe i can help you a bit in your work. It will also help me learn something. Even in looking for some social sites where game devs can work together or learn. If you feel good about this, tell me..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement