Advertisement

Best game story

Started by April 05, 2002 01:17 AM
73 comments, last by Ravuya 17 years, 9 months ago
Hmm...that sounds interesting. I''ll have to track that one down...
_________________________The Idea Foundry
Actually, Genso Suikoden sort of had a nice story. It challenged the mainstream cRPG with some alternative thought. An RPG War game? Pishaw.

-> Will Bubel
-> Machine wash cold, tumble dry.
william bubel
Advertisement
Well, it''s really hard to decide.
Because some games have great stories but they primarly want to be good games, sometimes one thing can come on account of the other.
I think diablo1 had a great story, but mostly what happend before you start your adventure. During your adventure you are just cleaning up the mess.
Diablo2 also had a great story, and it mostly developed during the game.
Ultima7 has a great story, and its mostly because the world it was placed at had allot of details tought of. It''s like the book dune in it''s details.
Grim fan dango had an exellent story, was really funny and interesting.

However, the greatest game story is of a sega game, it was called "Dark savior".
It was about the intersection of dimensions. You could finish the game in three paths. Each path you were the same character but in a different dimension, and It was built in a way that you have done things in one dimension, and when you played another dimension you did something which explained why it happend in the dimension you played before (it affected the other dimension because the dimensions intersect).
After you completed the these three dimenions you got a fourth dimention (you could have completed the three dimentions in any order), and then everything got connected to each other and you could understand the big picture.
At the end of the game you need to fight your own character from a fith dimention which was evil, and sought to allow all the dark creatures to rule all the dimentions.
The way "choose" which dimention to play was part of the game.
You had to save yourself from a sinking boat, and you had three different ways to do it. In other words, in each dimention you escaped differently from the sinking ship.

One of the greatest adventure games ever.
FFX R 4 SUX0RZ
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
FFX R 4 SUX0RZ

I know it''s supposed to mean something...but, eh??

Doesn''t anyone write in complete sentences anymore, without all this bullshit hacker crap??
_________________________The Idea Foundry
I have to commentsomething.
You know what''s stuiped about final fantasy?
If it is the FINAL fantasy, how come there is always another sequel?
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote: Original post by Toolmaker Quote: Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
I have to agree with the tilt for Deja Vu. That was a great story...although the amnesia bit has been done to death. In my opinion, storylines in games have always been a bit weak, especially with RPG''s. Yeah, I''m going to cop it for that, but how many games do we need that, in one way or another, involve the life force of a planet dying, and the only person that can save it is someone with magical powers, which usually involve harnessing the elements. Am I right, or does that pretty much sum up most RPG''s?

I have to say that if there''s one storyline I''m extremely interested in learning about, it''s the one for Eternal Darkness. That just sounds fascinating to me. Can''t wait to check that one out.
Planescape: Torment and The longest journey. I also liked Outcast. In fact I liked these games from all points of vue, not only the story.
As someone already pointed out, the Thief serie has an interesting storyline going on (the storyline is supposed to come to an end with Thief 3 btw.)

An older game (serie Relentless and Relentless II (aka ''Little Big Adventure'' and ''Twinsen''s Odyssey'') both had good stories.

I know I''m going to to be flamed for this, but I finished it yesterday (two players, Legendary) and I must say that HALO has a nice storyline too (incl. Cliff-ending of course .. wait till the credits fade to get a hint on HALO2). It also featured one of the most vocally annoying opponents ever (the Illuminati)

FF7 has by far the most interesting and complex story I know. Many people complained it was too hard to understand, go idiocy!

Correct me if I''m wrong, but at the time FF6 came out there was no RPG with a better story. I had always thought it was the best one but I''m biased due to the fact it reminds me of chilhood, (I''m sure it''s the case for many FF6 fans) so I''ll have to stand by FF7. I just have to think about shallow characters like Kefka, Strago, Relm ...

I think the series died with FF7, because frankly FF8 and FF9 had very boring and childish plots.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement