🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

RPG's dont have any Characters

Started by
39 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 10 months ago
Yeah Paul the lack of people willingness to roleplay astounds me. I didn''t want it to sound like I felt that not allowing people to have access to there characters stats was the divine answer. I just think if people don''t see there advancement through numbers buy in game situations, through other character input of the use of a skill or trait, that maybe people would be more willing to play a role and not see whose level is better than whose. Maybe there just aren''t alot of true roleplayers left out there or at least enough to make CRPG''s fun. But I feel alot of it is do to the lack on the part of the gaming industry to not provide people with the oppertunities to actually role play a character. Instead it seems as if RPG''s are being geared more twards FPS fans. Just mindless killing where the only character aspects that change are what armor, skills and weapons a charcter can use to kill monster change.
It''s nice to see I''m not alone in my dream that someday maybe I''ll be able to recreate that feeling I used to get playing a really good pen and paper RPG adventure and be proud to play my character and what it change over its lifetime.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement