[4E4] Post yer Screenshots

Started by June 28, 2005 12:45 PM
717 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 10 months ago
if you can't see it: right click -> view image
don't ask me, i just live here...

[Edited by - Kuladus on June 30, 2005 10:14:27 PM]
That looks awesome!
Advertisement
All I am seeing is the little white box with a red x in it. I'm missing something, right?
Quote: Original post by Moe
All I am seeing is the little white box with a red x in it. I'm missing something, right?

Click

Edit: Oh, it's gone now :(
Quote: Original post by Oberon_Command
Quote: Original post by baldurk
Quote: Original post by Oberon_Command
Screenshot

Just a single sprite and a tile engine. Not much yet.

Renaming a bmp to .png doesn't make it a .png file :).

I know, I didn't rename it. I saved it with MS Paint. Stupid MS paint... I just remembered that MSPAINT doesn't convert stuff, it just leaves it at a BMP file. I don't think Microsoft wanted to use something they didn't invent...

Here is the same thing as a .PNG file.

What?

That can't be true...
Quote: Original post by skittleo
If you add .PNG to the end of the filename without changing the file type in the dropdown box, you'll end up with a bitmap file disguised as a PNG. Easy to do.

I thought he meant that MSPaint faked the other file types, but I just checked and they work fine.
Advertisement
The stuff here is gold.
Quote: Original post by Moe
Wow, I am going to get pwned in this contest (if I manage to get an entry in at all).

You're not the only one.
Don't be too taken aback by incredible-looking screenshots. Remember, this contest focuses on gameplay, not eye candy.
Quote: Original post by Sneftel
Don't be too taken aback by incredible-looking screenshots. Remember, this contest focuses on gameplay, not eye candy.

I totally agree. Guys, those screenshots are nice but don't really mean much, remember that the more you spend making the graphics, the less you spend on the actual gameplay. A game with 2D programmer art but awesome gameplay could be the winner(in fact, I'm kinda hoping this will be the case).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement