Advertisement

Your Progress so Far?

Started by September 26, 2005 05:01 AM
38 comments, last by rKallmeyer 18 years, 10 months ago
I've half modelled a pirate wench and tested my mesh loader.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
I've not started yet! :D

I'm thinking this could be a nice opportunity to make a little 2 weeks game. I have not done any game coding since the last LD48 compo in April, so why not? I'll see if I can find an idea that motivates me tomorrow.
Advertisement

I'm this progressed.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
That guy is stacked.
I wonder if you could keep poly counts low and add subdivisions with a shader?
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Quote: Original post by d000hg
I guess as far as the competition rules go, more like a commercial game (ie the former) is desirable.

i doubt thats very true, goto "Contests" and check out the winners for the 3RD Elements contest (the one just before this) and look at winner number 3, titled "nature". All they have is a little cutscene with cartoon shaders!
Advertisement
This contest is a lot bigger in scope, and longer in duration. 4E3 didn't ask for a game, 4E4 requires it: the more like a real production game the better.
we made it :) our humble entry is ready for download

our
Gamedev's 4E4 contest entry is available here
Quote: Original post by BlindSide
Quote: Original post by d000hg
I guess as far as the competition rules go, more like a commercial game (ie the former) is desirable.

i doubt thats very true, goto "Contests" and check out the winners for the 3RD Elements contest (the one just before this) and look at winner number 3, titled "nature". All they have is a little cutscene with cartoon shaders!

d000hg's right. 4E4 is supposed to be a step away from tech demos, and toward actual games.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

finished... (phew). I put a link on my testers thread for anyone who wants to check it out ahead of time.

I can't wait to play everyone else's game :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement