Advertisement

[4e4] ]Poll - Recommendations for downloads?

Started by November 01, 2005 04:50 AM
68 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 10 months ago
hey, just wanted to say; way to miss the point you guys that complained ninja loves pirate getting "huge pixels" and stuff in fullscreen... thats the point, sort of... we wanted to do a retro-ish game...hence pixelled and 320x240... ;)

edit: that some of you cant get the fullscreen mode to work is worrying though.. ill let you in on a secret : press f4 for faux-fullscreen ugly interpolated mode...

/The pixel guy @ ninjalovespirate
I think my monitor/card just won't go to that low of a resolution. I had some of the same problems that I had with the mini Doom/Quake game.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
yeah, use F4! we should have totally written that in the manual, but were a bit short on time... lets hope the judges have less fancy monitors than you guys. ;)
Ninja loves pirate worked ok for me, but it shrunk all my windows to 320x240 in the top left, which was slightly annoying :P
Quote: 31, Shadows Of The Savage Fist - Very long intro, felt long even when I skiped it. Biggest problem with this game is the controls. Not that easy to select your characters.

Hitting Escape key will instantly skip past dialog so you don't have to wait for button to show up, and right-clicking on the portraits to the left will both select the unit, and focus on it.
Hey, nobody seems to be reviewing mine at all - does the screenshot not look interesting enough so nobody tried it or does it just suck?

It's similar in concept to C&C / warcraft and has 5 levels against two opponents. Turn your volume up a bit to hear the music, mousewheel to zoom, read the manual section on squadrons before deciding it's confusing - I DID actually bother writing a coherent manual!

I looked forward to Pirate Tycoon but couldn't figure out how to get any people to go on my ship, since the barracks wouldn't let me train anything. Then it hung - but it looks promising.
Advertisement
d000hg, I tried your game. :) Nice to see another RTS game, but imo the biggest problem with your game was that it felt too standard. I only played the first level, I think, but I didn't see anything I haven't already seen in every other RTS. That doesn't mean that I don't think its cool or anything - in fact almost all games here are impressive in one way or another - just that I didn't find the gameplay that exciting.
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Well the first level is the least interesting since you just get one unit- probably mission4 is the most interesting.
And in 5 months, making a feature-complete game of any kind that challenges the genre is a bit unlikely...
Quote: Original post by d000hg
Hey, nobody seems to be reviewing mine at all - does the screenshot not look interesting enough so nobody tried it or does it just suck?

It's similar in concept to C&C / warcraft and has 5 levels against two opponents. Turn your volume up a bit to hear the music, mousewheel to zoom, read the manual section on squadrons before deciding it's confusing - I DID actually bother writing a coherent manual!

I looked forward to Pirate Tycoon but couldn't figure out how to get any people to go on my ship, since the barracks wouldn't let me train anything. Then it hung - but it looks promising.

lol, I'm currently celebrating the fact that one person has at least acknowledged my game (by number no less)...probably doesn't help that I'm last on the list and am a bad texture artist. And I was really hoping to hear what people thought of the gameplay too...

BTW, if anyone actually manages to beat it without cheating, they deserve a very hearty pat on the back.
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
I recommend Ninja <3 Pirate for the win.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement