🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Are these numbers right?

Started by
40 comments, last by Nicole Poster 23 years, 4 months ago
Ok, JSP, DarkAngel16 (as the rest of you havent even bothered to get a name), what you are doing is uncalled for.
Even if Nicole Poster has caused a lot of trouble you should at least be civilised enough to ignore her post when you hate her too much to post a proper reply.
The question is a valid one, no matter who it´s coming from. And as Crystal Interactive is a publisher who seems a possible option for many of the small-time game makers here it´s interesting to a lot of them. Including me. Should i ever get a sales figure list from CI i´ll be sure to come back here and compare it with nicoles. And, unless that´s prohibited by some confidentiality clause, i´ll ask questions about them too, should they seem suspicious.

an yes, why in a topic this long is there only 1 person who has even bothered to answer to the original question? (disregarding the anons)

I don´t care about what kind of personal war you have going on whith this nicole poster person, but here is not the place to do it. Some people might actually want to talk about game development here.

so, either this discussion gets back to a more civilised mode or (at least i think) it should be closed.

And Nicole, you might want to get a different login for your non-flame posts.
Advertisement
Why would Alex tell anybody any information about sales figures? That doesnt add up.

CI are very unprofessional though. They send you contracts and you fill them in, send them back, and then a month later they ask where is the contract. You tell them and they send you another one, and tell you to send it to a different address... its like the different departments dont even speak to each other.

Very odd.

“If you try and please everyone, you won’t please anyone.”
regarding that last post, this isn''t a problem specific to crystal, lots of games publishers seem equally disorganised, except (so far) RealGames.

http://www.positech.co.uk
quote:
I don´t care about what kind of personal war you have going on whith this nicole poster person, but here is not the place to do it. Some people might actually want to talk about game development here.
- Hase

what about the personal war between Nicole Poster and CI ? Is this the place to carry it out ?
I think not.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
quote: Original post by ncsu121978

- Hase

what about the personal war between Nicole Poster and CI ? Is this the place to carry it out ?
I think not.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

right of course, but the original post was not (at least directly) an attack at CI. It´s of course possible that someone would purposefully post wrong information to harm a companies reputation, but that´s the risk you have to take with any post (that the poster is lying).
IMHO the business section should be free of ALL personal wars (maybe we should open up another section… how about "feuds" or "flame wars", then at least the flamers would have a place to go….)

I haven´t had much experience with CI so far, but if anything worth mentioning comes along i´ll let you know.

>Why would Alex tell anybody any information about sales >figures? That doesnt add up.
>CI are very unprofessional though. They send you contracts and >you fill them in, send them back, and then a month later they >ask where is the contract. You tell them and they send you >another one, and tell you to send it to a different address... >its like the different departments dont even speak to each >other.
>Very odd.

It''s not the right way that the publisher sends you a contract
without notice of another department, looks very strange.
And to which department? Mr Alex handles the contracts, he need
to send by fax a copy then to the right persons of the company. Not you. He is like the producer. Were the contracts orginal send and signed? Did you ask your lawyer to look at. It looks strange again. The chance to be rip of is big on this way. Also he can manipulate the contract. Also related to royalties and dates of the contracts. End and beginn of contract. Strange in my opinion.

That is worrying.

I hope you are wrong.
“If you try and please everyone, you won’t please anyone.”
I''m afraid the anonymous poster above is correct.

I''m not saying this applies to Alex and CI, but this method of contracts is very open to some form of ''mis-management''.

Not just with CI, but every company you come into contact with, I can''t stress how important it is to make sure you are covered and represented fairly. If this means seeing a lawyer/solicitor to get it checked, then that''s what you need to do.

Be careful guys.

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

Marc. Help Wanted template | Game development isn't easy! | Indie interviews
Bloodlust is back! -Leave your morals and political correctness at the door.

So now you say I''m lying... check this message:

here(the part of the reply to spikey)

some more messages:

here

here

here

enough?
Message Board about Crystal-Interactive.com here

hello, just reading this and i think you all got it wrong about that big numbers that mr.Alex or whatever his name is posted in email to some chick here. For example 150.000 PRE-orders, that doeesnt mean that 150.000 people will buy this game or that 150 people has already bought it. Stores that actually sell this games to the consumer (dont know the exactly number of them..around 20 i think), have preordered games and they will put them in their stores and somebody must buy them and only then cash will start to fly in wallets(for developers).
if u make 150.000 / 20 stores = 7500 on one store...and thats pretty realistic...and probably they will sell this games for at least 2 years...u get the picture?
350.000 people bought quake3 in 6 months,
and thats way better than 150.000 PRE-orders to some funky hunky stores.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement