Advertisement

[4e5]Discuss: Europe

Started by June 03, 2006 12:13 PM
115 comments, last by superpig 18 years ago
Quote: Original post by Aiursrage2k
So you have to cart around a wheelbarrel... the heavier it gets the slower you move.

I'm sure this is a joke but its actaully very similar to something I'm thinking of implementing in my game.
Quote: Original post by wArden_nz
Is Greenland part of Europe? I cant get a definitive answer on the web.

It belongs to a European country, so in a way it is. Geographically though, it probably isn't.
Advertisement
i have some suggestions for those who do not really like europe as a place for their contest entry: :)

iceland (biggest volcanic island of the world)
Scandinavia (lakes, tundra, finland->"YYA Treaty" (Finno-Soviet Pact of Friendship, Cooperation, and Mutual Assistance))

serbia (Between 1998 and 1999, continued clashes in Kosovo between Serbian and Yugoslav security forces and the K.L.A. prompted a NATO aerial bombardment which lasted for 78 days.)

italy -> mafia

Baltic Sea -> White phosphorus contamination (i do not know how to use this in a game :))

soccer world championship 2006 -> counterterrorism etc.

WW2

WW1

Thirty Years' War

Protestant Reformation
and i'll add to your list with one for my own country:

->don't forget the movie Braveheart

edit: just had a thought, can europe be indecated by strong dialect?

[Edited by - dark_shaman on June 29, 2006 6:47:44 PM]
Is it OK, if I won't use the europe map with all the borders and instead will put a square map, that will include all major european cities? More like a close up, on central europe.
Quote: Original post by atr_23
i have some suggestions for those who do not really like europe as a place for their contest entry: :)

Greek history mythology
Roman history/fall
crusades in the iberian peninsula
napoleonic wars
cold war era germany
religious wars/inquisition
Renaissance (oooh, a painting game set in the renaissance, where you have to match your benefactor's mood to keep your finances balanced so you can indulge in prostitutes or something :))
Advertisement
How would this work: the earth has been blown up and is now an asteroid cloud/belt. However, some of the chunks are very huge, and some contain entire cities domed in.

Different factions control different parts of the asteroid cloud; Canada controls several close fragments, America (maybe divided) controls others. The game takes place mainly in the European territory. I haven't decided whether Europe is a unified whole, EU vs. others, or if it's smaller nations fighting amongst themselves. Either way, the game takes place in space and on fragments of Europe, some of which contain partial remnants of European cities.

Would this be OK?

I have a few other ideas, too; I haven't decided yet.
Quote: Original post by nagromo
Would this be OK?

Sounds good to me [smile]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote: Original post by atr_23
italy -> mafia

I don't think mafia is enough to say the game is set in Italy. And you can find mafia only in the south of Italy so don't set a mafia game in Milan or Venice or Florence...

yep... :)

some more brainstorming...:
europe -> castles
scottish highlands -> loch ness and its inhabitant
germany -> Oktoberfest

btw
@all
did you set the story and theme of your potential game already? especially the location...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement